Got toilet leak

Yes, what I meant was, If the flush pipe is pulling it slightly, then it’ll leak. Try removing the flush pipe first, leaving the syphon in place with a small amount of water in the cistern and see if it still leaks - if it does, you know it’s bugger all to do with the flush pipe.
Did what you said and think t's the flush pipe. Apparently it's supposed to be pushed 2 inches inside the syphon. Having trouble now screwing the cap on at bottom of syphon. The rubber washer seems to be stopping me. It didn't before. Should it be flat side up?
20210903_090329.jpg
20210903_094839.jpg

Sponsored Links
Put a new flush pipe in (as in picture)but still leaking. I guess even if it says 5cm (in instructions) into the syphon I dont think the pipe is going in perfectly vertically. I then tried old flush pipe (which seems to go in more easily and vertically and goes in about five inches lol with new washer and cap and now it's not leaking from flush pipe.

Should the washer be pushed under syphon pipe and over flush pipe perfectly evenly for good seal? Line up syphon evenly on cistern hole (which is hard) for good seal too?

Also the positions of the ballcock and flush handle thing seems really crowded with new syphon Think they're knocking into each other unless really careful when tightening syphon from underneath. Do they look ok in picture?

Also, how do you change the setting so less water is left in cistern after flushing?

20210905_145227.jpg
20210905_145221.jpg

Last edited:
Is the mating seat of the cistern clean, eg no silicone? Have you tightened the syphon backnut enough or too tight?

Sponsored Links
Is the mating seat of the cistern clean, eg no silicone? Have you tightened the syphon backnut enough or too tight?
I just added a bit more to my last post. Notably using old flush pipe which fits better

Where I tighten nut up underneath syphon there's no silicon but the rubber the other side on inside of cistern might have tiny amounts of hard water or residue under it

Have you thought about calling someone in who has a clue in what they are doing??

Please tell me that this is not one of your customers property!

Andy

Have you thought about calling someone in who has a clue in what they are doing??

Please tell me that this is not one of your customers property!

Andy

It's mine. I asked some bloke in the plumbing shop but he's too busy

Only finger tightened shall I get a big spanner or grips on backnut for 1/4 turn? Maybe that will stop the odd drop I'm still getting?

How do I get a lower level of water in cistern after flushing?
20210905_164108.jpg

Only finger tightened shall I get a big spanner or grips on backnut for 1/4 turn?
Yes.
How do I get a lower level of water in cistern after flushing?
If you mean once flushed so you can work on it, you’ve 3 options (I know of):
  1. Use a short piece of hose and syphon out
  2. Undo backnut and catch into a bucket
  3. Sponge out - a bit laborious though

Yes.
If you mean once flushed so you can work on it, you’ve 3 options (I know of):
  1. Use a short piece of hose and syphon out
  2. Undo backnut and catch into a bucket
  3. Sponge out - a bit laborious though

I used wet vac to finishing draining cistern.

I mean when flushing in every day use more water is left compared to old syphon. Not sure how to adjust it?

I tightened back nut with grips. Should I tighten coupling nut too with them?
20210902_200544.jpg
20210905_145221.jpg
20210905_194046.jpg

Attachments

• 20210905_193147.jpg
    20210905_193147.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210905_194046.jpg
    20210905_194046.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 36
Yes you can use it on the flush pipe nut to syphon, but again, just nip it up. Regards flush volume, it should be in the instructions, usually a piece of plastic.

Wrap ptfe around the flush pipe connection and clean the inside of the cistern where the syphon washer sits and make sure it's the correct orientation.
Fluidmaster MI's tell you how to increase flush volume or you may have to push and hold lever for a full flush. Can't remember off hand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back