Government boiler scrappage scheme

the widely held belief that the panacea to all aged boiler woes, is to renew with one of these fiendishly sophisticated modern units.

No ones sugesting that is the case and I regularly tell customers to keep hold of boilers which I believe is uneconomical to replace.

Which if truth be known,on the savings you are likely to make on gas, you are very unlikely to recover your initial investment, before you have to renew again.

That depends on many factors, one of them the installer. I've seen many new boilers fitted which are not operating efficiently because the installers lack of knowlede or care. The boiler is just a tool for an efficient system and many old boilers can be made to work more efficiently with alterations to the system. Some installations you are correct though, you wont get it back.

And that only after spending £lots on repairing these complicated electronically controlled boilers.

Maybe if you buy an unreliable turd. Again you need the right installer to recommend you a reliable product. Its no more complicated then your car and I don't suppose you expect that to keep going wrong all the time and last 5 years. Many condensing boilers will give many years of reliable service. Others will not!

Sponsored Links
I am sorry if you are taking this personaly, that was not my intention, I am not doubting your scruples, honesty or integrity. However there are those out there that are less fair minded. You can read now in the C.C. your contemporaries opinions on the operatives of one of our major players, where it it suggested that they are firstly salesmen, and secondly RGIs.
My sole intention was to make the non laity aware of a wider range of options.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back