Government emergency alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the point? How does an alarm help in any conceivable circumstances, like a nuclear bomb about to explode, or flooding, fire, terrorism. Some blokes at Gold Command have got together to justify their existence. Wholly unnecessary in the world of social media we live in. And this from a tory government dedicated to lessening the impact of the state on citizens lives.

Blup

Sponsored Links
didn't seem to go on for long
interestingly - 3 of us , O2, EE & Vodafone - only the EE one went off
nothing special on the phones ......

dont know how typical that is , they did say , some may not work , 2 out of 3 !!!!

Sponsored Links
Mine didn't go off because I turned my emergency thingy off. The wife's phone did because I forgot to turn hers off. If we are about to get bombed I will go outside and look up and get it over with. I live up a hill so not a lot of chance of flooding up here. As for the rest of it I'll just take my chances. Incidentally my phone stillworks even though I haven't acknowledged anything as there is nothing to acknowledge.

Absolutely zero here 3 phones nothing
Just seen a local update would seem this area virtually no phone rang.
It is a crap signal area have to use WiFi calling at home.

I could only read Welsh bit
Prawf o wasanaeth Rhybuddion Argyfwng Llywodraeth y DU yw hwn. Bydd yn eich rhybuddio os oes argyfwng gerllaw sy'n peryglu bywyd.

Mewn argyfwng go iawn, dilynwch y cyfarwyddiadau yn y rhybudd i'ch cadw chi ac eraill yn Vogel.

Ewch i gov.uk/alerts i wybod mwy.

Prawf yw hwn. Does dim angen i chi wneud dim.
Only when I tried to copy and paste into a translator did I find the English at bottom.

In Macc at the moment. A rubbish signal for internet, but the alarm came OK.

Wouldn't have heard it myself as alerts turned off...

Typical screw up of course.

Apparently many didn't get it, but some got it early...

No doubt they'll be an inquiry, and a few 'consultants' will make a lot of money doing so ;)

I was driving at the time, had to pull over to shut it off.

IT lied when it said in the message that you do not have to do anything, I did - I had to press "OK" :)

Ours went off, though I thought I'd disabled mine.
There's a few "emergency alert" things to toggle on/off.

Ours went off, though I thought I'd disabled mine.
There's a few "emergency alert" things to toggle on/off.
Some phones have an additional 'critical alerts' setting that also needs to be turned off...

Sponsored Links
Back