Government meddling?

Sponsored Links
I disagree. Cutting out ALL sugars and starch from you diet will result in hypoglycaemia which, in turn, can result in coma and death.

first off no diet can remove every trace of carbohydrates. so the idea your body would go in hypoglycaemia on a low carb diet is a bit of a straw man.
also when say all sugar I was really mean produced food with high sugar content and starchy foods and not meaning cutting out all food that have carbohydrates. nothing wrong with a few Brussels sprout.

second your body can produce glucose though a processes call gluconeogenesis for the small amount the body needs. the body can use other fuel source(ketone's) we we don't have to rely on carbohydrates as our primary fuel source.

for type 2 diabetics and links:

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/5/1/14
http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/5/1/36

will dig out some more but really Google low carb diet and diabetics.

sorry I don't understand the reference to Belsen. it was a nazi camp in WW2? but happy to learn what your point was.

Your exact words were "If you are obese or have type 2 diabetes then cut out all sugar and starch totally", so please don't play the 'straw man' card.

Yes, I am familiar with the biochemical processes to which you refer.

Yes, I am aware that Belsen was a Nazi camp in the Second World War. To clarify for your benefit, my point was that the people in that camp were starved, in some cases to death, which seems to support that the abstinence from adequate quantities of food will inevitably result in weight loss. I apologise, but I thought that would be self-explanatory.

Edit: For your information I include dietary advice published by the British Diabetes Association. See especially items 2 and 7.

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/MyLife-YoungAdults/Food-and-diet/The-basics/10-steps-to-healthy-eating/

The simple fact of the matter is, if you are fat you need to eat less.

Whilst you have spent several years eating more than you need and putting on the lard, now you need to spend a long time eating less than your body needs in order to lose the lard.

I don't understand why Mehran has to dance around the subject with sensitive whispers about being fat and tippy-toe around the fact that eating less food is the obvious answer.

So what if you have to be hungry once in a while - try it it's quite refreshing.

Sponsored Links
Don't resurrect old threads.
A report in the Daily Mail (yes, my favoured newspaper :D ) today points out that the government's intention to charge health tourists £200 is laughable. It's much cheaper than taking out travellers' health insurance.
Never mind 'meddling', our incomparable government really can't get anything right these days.
Oh look...

Oh look...
Hahahaha! 2013 - nine years ago!
I may have read the Mail all those years ago, probably for amusement value (please note the laughing emoticon). I still look at the Express for the same reason, but I certainly don't believe everything their 'journalists' say.
I regularly read the Telegraph for two reasons: it is the only one I can access which employs real journalists; I can access it without paying (and if anyone really wants to know how I'll be happy to explain!)

What paper you reading now than Noseall ??
None.
My intro page on my PC is a series of news articles from hundreds of different news sources. You can always spot anything from the Tory right wing garbage because the headline is always about how bad the EU (apparently) is. Rare anything positive is posted about Brexit, rather they waste their energy diverting gammon attention to the 'demonic' EU. Pathetic.

Hahahaha! 2013 - nine years ago!
I may have read the Mail all those years ago, probably for amusement value (please note the laughing emoticon). I still look at the Express for the same reason, but I certainly don't believe everything their 'journalists' say.
I regularly read the Telegraph for two reasons: it is the only one I can access which employs real journalists; I can access it without paying (and if anyone really wants to know how I'll be happy to explain!)
Keep digging boyo.

None.
My intro page on my PC is a series of news articles from hundreds of different news sources. You can always spot anything from the Tory right wing garbage because the headline is always about how bad the EU (apparently) is. Rare anything positive is posted about Brexit, rather they waste their energy diverting gammon attention to the 'demonic' EU. Pathetic.
It’s a good job you come on here to actively balance things out then. :rolleyes:

It’s a good job you come on here to actively balance things out then. :rolleyes:
Mottie, the reporting by 'the trio' is as shameful as it is pathetic. It's non stop EU and Europe bashing. Those on here that rely on these three news outlets are always going to be bitter towards the EU no matter what.

An experiment conducted in that other nutty right wing country USA, shown that those folks asked to stop watching (right wing) Fox news and watch something more truthful, were shown to change their attituded towards the actual truth and how they react. And all they were asked to do was simply tune into CNN instead of FOX.

Mottie, the reporting by 'the trio' is as shameful as it is pathetic. It's non stop EU and Europe bashing
It’s a classic propaganda technique.

deflect from domestic failure and govt corruption by ramping up division - inciting hatred with a neighbouring country is always a go to.

None.

Dunno
I don’t read of purchase right wing anti EU news papers ?

Mottie, the reporting by 'the trio' is as shameful as it is pathetic. It's non stop EU and Europe…..
Yeah. I have to agree with you on that. Perhaps Notch, JohnD and Ellal should take a break from the forum for a bit? ;)

Classic propaganda technique by remoaners

Blame the UK for every thing ? Peddle some nonsense about Russians / and Nazis taking over the country

Absolve other countries of any fault or responsibility if they happen to
Be in the EU ( France ?)

Putin type :ROFLMAO: tactics

Sponsored Links
Back