GPS/radar detecters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im planning on gettin a radar detecter for my car but ive also been lookin at the more expensive types that use GPS aswell. are the GPS types worth? does any1 have any experiance using them etc?

Sponsored Links
andrew2022 said:
im planning on gettin a radar detecter for my car but ive also been lookin at the more expensive types that use GPS aswell. are the GPS types worth? does any1 have any experiance using them etc?

Hi Andrew2022..........
You get what you pay for. If you have the funds go for the Tom-Tom or Road Angel. I use the Tom-Tom and find it great. Cheep radar dectetor's don't cover all types of camaras amd also gives off false information.
QF

Quick Fit said:
andrew2022 said:

Hi Andrew2022..........
You get what you pay for. If you have the funds go for the Tom-Tom or Road Angel. I use the Tom-Tom and find it great. Cheep radar dectetor's don't cover all types of camaras amd also gives off false information.
QF

how reliable are the GPS types and what kinda range does it give for mobile units and what warning for fixed units?

Hi Andrew2022....
Gives you plenty of warning. Look at the other topic for GPS systems.
Regards
Quick Fit

Sponsored Links
I hope you don't kill or injure anyone whilst you're speeding between cameras. :rolleyes: They don't work too well on the timed distance cameras or the policeman with the video camera ;)

y'know what I'm going to do? I'm going to buy a lowrider, and every time I see a police speed trap parked illegally I will drive past it with the hydraulics bouncing up and down full-pelt, within the speed limit.

If they try and claim I wasn't in control of the vehicle, I'll point out I was in full control as it was me who was making the car dance. And I'll probably throw in some "wigga-speak", like I'll call the policeman "five-oh" and append the word "boyeeeee" to every sentence (J-Roc off "Trailer Boys" for anyone who has seen it)

Only if they're parked illegally, mind.

AdamW said:
y'know what I'm going to do? I'm going to buy a lowrider, and every time I see a police speed trap parked illegally I will drive past it with the hydraulics bouncing up and down full-pelt, within the speed limit.

If they try and claim I wasn't in control of the vehicle, I'll point out I was in full control as it was me who was making the car dance. And I'll probably throw in some "wigga-speak", like I'll call the policeman "five-oh" and append the word "boyeeeee" to every sentence (J-Roc off "Trailer Boys" for anyone who has seen it)

Only if they're parked illegally, mind.

im gonna get a blank parking ticket, and if i see 1 parked illegally, slap it on the van. and take some pics of it parked illegally. and make a scene of it...

lol

http://www.driversrevenge.com/index.php/parking

First time I got a parking ticket (despite being parked legally :mad: ) my dad used it (it was pristine, as on a bike they had just tucked it into the saddle) to wind his mate up. A parking ticket for being incorrectly parked on his own driveway. :LOL: He was hopping mad until he noticed the "City of Westminster" crest... hadn't bothered reading the registration details :LOL:

AdamW said:
http://www.driversrevenge.com/index.php/parking

First time I got a parking ticket (despite being parked legally :mad: ) my dad used it (it was pristine, as on a bike they had just tucked it into the saddle) to wind his mate up. A parking ticket for being incorrectly parked on his own driveway. :LOL: He was hopping mad until he noticed the "City of Westminster" crest... hadn't bothered reading the registration details :LOL:

hmmm... im gonna have to print off a few of those... imagine what they say when they come out of hiding in the back of their vans, holding all those speeding tapes to relize theyve been listed on the net for dodgy parkin....

Sponsored Links
Back