Grainy Picture from TV- Link RF2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

From last few days, I have been getting grainy picture on my sky through TV link in all my bed rooms. When I pull out the Ariel feed in my SkyHD STB until the centre pin is not connected but outer shield still is. the picture in my room becomes crystal clear and I can watch the free view as well

If I remove the Ariel feed then of course I cant have the Freeview channels at all.

I will be most obliged, if someone can help? I never had this problem before

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

LK

Sponsored Links
I have several clients who have experienced the same problem in the last 6 weeks. Sky RF2 has been clear as a bell for them for the last year to 18 months. Then just recently they all experienced a lot of picture interference.

The fact that this affected several households, all in the same area, and at the same time, rules out the normal household problems such as dodgy wiring or changing something in the system or the aerial amp going down.

The cause for all of them was that the local transmitters have added new channels. This means that there's now channels broadcasting on- or interfering with- the channels they're using for Sky's RF2 feed.

The answer is to move the channel frequency on which the Sky box is transmitting RF2. You need to go in to the same menu where you switched on the Sky RF2 voltage.

Press SERVICES • Press 0 - 0 - 1 then OK/Select very quickly
This opens the Sky service menu. • Press --> till you reach RF OUTLETS

Somewhere in the menus there is the option to change the RF Out channel. The channel numbers run from 21 to 69. The whole the top end of the TV RF channel band has been sold off to the 4G telephone network LINK, so if you were using a channel in the range 61 to 69 then you'll need to retune anyway because they're no longer safe to use.

Unless you know what you are doing and can work out which channels are already in use in your area then the simplest solution is to start at channel 21 on the Sky box and then go up one channel at a time to see which are okay and which are not. Keep a notepad with you and jot down the better channels. You'll also need to be familiar with how to retune the analogue on your TV to match the new Sky RF channel. Remember, each time you increase the Sky channel by 1 increment then you'll need to change the TV tuning to suit.

Sponsored Links
Good tip. I'll give that a go on the next opportunity.

Hi Lucid

Tried all the channels reception still not improved. Looks like its the Phone mast that is near my house is the problem after reading the post.

I was wondering what if I connect these filters that are available to make sure the 4G signals are filtered???

What you think

Many Thanks
LK
I have several clients who have experienced the same problem in the last 6 weeks. Sky RF2 has been clear as a bell for them for the last year to 18 months. Then just recently they all experienced a lot of picture interference.

The fact that this affected several households, all in the same area, and at the same time, rules out the normal household problems such as dodgy wiring or changing something in the system or the aerial amp going down.

The cause for all of them was that the local transmitters have added new channels. This means that there's now channels broadcasting on- or interfering with- the channels they're using for Sky's RF2 feed.

The answer is to move the channel frequency on which the Sky box is transmitting RF2. You need to go in to the same menu where you switched on the Sky RF2 voltage.

Press SERVICES • Press 0 - 0 - 1 then OK/Select very quickly
This opens the Sky service menu. • Press --> till you reach RF OUTLETS

Somewhere in the menus there is the option to change the RF Out channel. The channel numbers run from 21 to 69. The whole the top end of the TV RF channel band has been sold off to the 4G telephone network LINK, so if you were using a channel in the range 61 to 69 then you'll need to retune anyway because they're no longer safe to use.

Unless you know what you are doing and can work out which channels are already in use in your area then the simplest solution is to start at channel 21 on the Sky box and then go up one channel at a time to see which are okay and which are not. Keep a notepad with you and jot down the better channels. You'll also need to be familiar with how to retune the analogue on your TV to match the new Sky RF channel. Remember, each time you increase the Sky channel by 1 increment then you'll need to change the TV tuning to suit.

There's no harm in fitting a 4G filter and setting the Sky Digibox RF output channel to, say 65, to see what happens.
http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page11c.htm#filter

(Please don't quote previous posts below your reply. It makes no sense to do that AND it prevents the original poster from correcting any mistakes in his post. Use the Quote function only to address a specific sentence and make sure your reply is below it.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back