Granite tiles of varying thicknesses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can people recommend what are the most economical materials -that will do the job- and method to lay granite tiles on a house ground floor (dining, kitchen, etc)?
The substrate is a sand/cement screed with underfloor heating water pipes in it. It is dusty but level. The screed was laid a few months ago so it has had plenty of time to dry (it has gone through a summer).
The tiles vary from 18 to 22 mm thick, size 30 x 60 cm. They need sealing because they are quite absorbent. They are polished and are light in colour.

Sponsored Links
I would have been able to answer if it weren't for the words "most economical".

This makes you sound as though you're more interested in spending less on the installation than you are in getting the job done right and making it last a long time.

You will need a flexible powdered adhesive and grout,remember you will get what you pay for so best not to scrimp,as Softus says spending a little more will get you a better and longer lasting end result.

May be worth getting a couple of quotes from tilers to do a comparison with what it will cost you in terms of time and stress ;)

Has the underfloor heating been running?

That is why I said economical but that will do the job. I do not want to go over the top with a very expensive adhesive. The UFH has been running at an average room temp of 13 deg. I am looking for adhesive names for insytance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back