Grant Vortex Combi 26e Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler has been firing, stopping, firing, stopping but still doing is job of heating. Then one morning, pressure was zero. I typed it up to pressure and all was fine. Then in the evening it had stopped working completely. Pressure was still correct. The red power light was pulsing. I pressed overheat reset - nothing. I checked power to terminals - mains coming in but not getting anywhere else.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Follow the fault finding chart in your manual. Does it not work on either heating or hot water? Have you got full voltage?

My guess is when it ran low on pressure it has got some air in the top of the main exchanger. You then topped it up but when it reached temp it has activated the overheat and it won’t reset until cools down. But with air at the top it won’t cool down for a lot longer. There should be a couple of bleed valves in the top of the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back