gravel Drive

a membrane on a gravel drive will not really do anything. as wabbitpoo and noseall say the weeds will come. The only time a membrane is of any use is a geotextile memebrane under the sub-base to stabilise the ground and prevent pumping in the wet.

Sponsored Links
My gravel area (enough for 1 car) has been down for almost a year now, i used a very good thick membrane and covered with gravel and i have had no issues with anything coming through, i get the few on the edging as expecting but so far so good. I expect though if i took it up it would look like the bottom of noddle put :)

Also i do some times regret it as if it's wet the stones stick to the wheels and i am having to brush them back, which when your late for work can be a pain (Maybe i used to small a stone maybe)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back