Gravel driveway subbase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We recently removed all of our 20mm gravel from our drive and we also removed a 2.5m diameter raised roundabout brick structure which served no purpose.

The rest of the drive is concrete and very patchy.

I'm now left with a circular hole with exposed earth surrounded by concrete.

We are replacing the gravel on our drive with angular black basalt but I am not sure what to do with my 'hole' :eek:). Should I ensure it is at least 100mm deep and fill it with Type 1 and compact it with a whacker before putting the gravel on top?

Thanks, Nick

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a plan, if you have a wacker great, if not pound down with anything suitable, 4 x 4 fence post, sledge hammer, tamper, make sure depth of basalt not to thick otherwise it will rut and fly everywhere

Sounds like a plan, if you have a wacker great, if not pound down with anything suitable, 4 x 4 fence post, sledge hammer, tamper, make sure depth of basalt not to thick otherwise it will rut and fly everywhere

Thanks, it's not a big area, so that is a great idea

@Dereekoo - my driveway is on a slope, do you think that will matter?

IMG_0852.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back