Gravel path along house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, Help please,

I am building a one metre wide gravel path alongside my house. Does it all need to be 2 bricks below the DPC? I have hit really tough ground and am struggling to dig it down any further.

Hoping I can get away without but still want to do the right thing!

Many thanks,
Dave sore back and blistered hands!

Sponsored Links
Until recently I had a paving path at the front of my house (gets the SW wind and rain in Wales) I pulled up the slabs and laid fine gravel. That was a year ago, and no problems so far. I have at least 2 bricks to the DPC. At the rear it has been gravel for 16 years with no problems.

I would suggest that if the top of the gravel s at least one brick below the damp course then the gravel will prevent splashback onto the wall above the dpc.

Sponsored Links
Its up to you if your happy to risk it. if it was my house i would not be worried as long as your at least 75mm below, especially if the surface is gravel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back