Gravity

Sponsored Links
what truth? based on estimates and guesses, I could come up with similar figures, ain't bloody hard is it? But it is no where near even close to real mass, because we have no means to confirm or validate it.

For a start, earth isn't a perfect hemisphere, it is slightly flat at North and South Poles, so the way to work out mass of any object is to measure its volume, multiplied by its density, which again is based on an average value.

what truth? based on estimates and guesses, I could come up with similar figures, ain't bloody hard is it? But it is no where near even close to real mass, because we have no means to confirm or validate it.

For a start, earth isn't a perfect hemisphere, it is slightly flat at North and South Poles, so the way to work out mass of any object is to measure its volume, multiplied by its density, which again is based on an average value.
Not a perfect hemisphere? I should hope not. We'd all be in trouble. (ok, more trouble)

Sponsored Links
Not a perfect hemisphere? I should hope not. We'd all be in trouble. (ok, more trouble)

One hour later!

Hey, you've not got me on ignore, have you? What did I do?

You should be used to MikefromLondon talking nonsense by now. :LOL: At least he's not called Muhammed.

This thread has confused the hell out me( easy I know) I thought gravity was a force acting on an object. I didn't know an object could contain gravity :confused:

Gravity is a fundamental property of mass, so any object with mass 'contains gravity' as you put it.

One hour later!

Sorry, was distracted by the phone half way through - Western Power. No conversation with them takes less than an hour and a half. Should have had a look before pressing submit.

One hour later!

Sorry, was distracted by the phone half way through - Western Power. No conversation with them takes less than an hour and a half. Should have had a look before pressing submit.

No problem! I was joking!

Sponsored Links
Back