Grease for bearings?

Looking good. if you have the option, I'd go full outer on the cables. Costs about £20 more and makes life so much better

Sponsored Links
It's got fully covered cables but they are in poor condition and I can't get the one for the front gear change back on. I'll have to get the bike shop to swap those for me.

Here it is now, there is a bit of play on the front shock for some reason

IMG_3748.JPG

do you mean the forks or the headset?

video would help diagnosis.

Sponsored Links
That's my Boyfriend Sebastian x x x

It's the front shock, when you lift the bike up by the seat it moves a bit at both fixing points. I'll try and post a video tonight. I've definately got all the bits on it so maybe just needs to be tighter?

IMG_3751.PNG

I think you'll need to inspect the condition of the 'pivot parts from the shock manufacturer - i.e bushes' Ian, and maybe the condition of the allen bolts for wear.
John :)

I'll do that, thanks (y)

The bushes are plastic so could be worn.

Once again, we are swamped by second rate materials from the Orient.....go for SKF or FAG bearings and all should be well.

I work on motorcycles for a living and we only use SFK or Koyo, have refused to fit customer supplied chinese specials on many occasions.

I've bought a dozen 6205's for a machine repair.....some suppliers are asking less than a quid each :eek:
They must be crap at that price.

I own a Mitsubishi GTO (money pit!), there was a company rebuilding the gearboxes (probably £600/800 job at least).

The input shaft bearing is a very unusual designed needle roller bearing with built in seal, Mitsubishi part was expensive so they found an "alternative supplier".

Long story short 500 miles down the road the bearings were failing causing rattles or worse, due to the gearbox case design it was another complete strip to replace the substandard bearing, OEM didn't seem that expensive then..

I'll do that, thanks (y)

The bushes are plastic so could be worn.
It could actually be the shock eye which is an expensive fix. the other option which might be possible is to replace with a needle roller kit as they can sometimes take up the slack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back