Great Aussie Ad Campaign!

J

Johnmelad502

This needs to passed around to every human being who has the keys to a vehicle and the capability of driving while under the influence with impaired judgement and the possibility of causing a life changing incident to happen to everyone he or she comes in contact with while in this condition.

This is perhaps one of the most intense commercials that I've ever seen and damn well made. I hope that by passing this along to others, that it will make a difference and if just one life is saved, it will all be worth the effort to simply hit "send" and maybe save a life today or tomorrow or in the future.

I think that Australia should be complemented on having the guts to "tell it like it is" and get this campaign out to all of it's licensed drivers and to air it on TV...it is very moving and very life like so it has a very strong impact. Please pass it along to all of your friends and maybe you can be responsible for saving some lives.

Please click on DUI

DUI

Sponsored Links
What happened at the end. Nodded off after 2 mins. :rolleyes:

I take it they didn't live happily ever after?

Grafic and harrowing but as it works (400 odd less of a death toll in 20 years) it is definatly worth showing.
The Australians are seriuos about drink driving, when I went there a couple of years ago I was breathalised 3 times in 2 weeks, over here I've been tested twice in 25years!

Sponsored Links
I have to say I didn't find it all that 'hard hitting' (no pun intended). I think something delivered from a grieving family 'may' have more impact (again, no pun intended).

My brother was hit by a drink driver in a lorry (when we were children). Thankfully my brother survived. I'm with conny on this but would go further, BAN IT TOTALLY. That way there is NO 'misunderstanding' of the limits. NO ONE 'NEEDS' to drink and drive and yet the consequences can be devastating. We've taken steps to stop people smoking in public areas but we allow people a drink a certain amount of alcohol and drive. Why? Just ban it totally. It will not cause ANYONE any harm to go without a drink. It can however cause a lot of people harm should the privilege be abused.

Sorry to be so outspoken about this one lads but as you can imagine, it's a 'close to home' one.

BAN IT TOTALLY.

Totally agree which is what I meant by zero tolerance.

Sorry to hear about your brother mate but glad he is ok.

Make that +2

A very shocking piece of advertising. Just had me and missus in tears. :(

I good thing IMHO.

Scott.

BAN IT TOTALLY
Couldn't agree more but how to police it,there will be always a hard core who would ignore the law, has can be seen regulary in, around the court sections of local papers.

Caught once: Ban for 5 years
Caught twice: Gaol, your car crushed and a lifetime ban.

Suppose its flawed, but ..... whatever :!:

I agree there's no point in having a limit where people think "Just the one won't hurt", because one pint usually makes you fancy a second and for some people it becomes an exercise in self-control and deprivation!

I'm in my 20s so grew up watching the anti-drink drive campaigns of the 80s, yet many of my contemporaries are drink drivers. I don't understand HOW they can be.

I still hear people come out with things like "the limit is 2.5 pints", even though the authorities stopped translating the limit into typical drinks at least 10 years ago because people "misunderstood" that 3.5% bitter is not the same as 5.2% lager, and that the "glass of wine" was 125ml of 9.5% rot and not 250ml of 14% red.

Lock 'em up. And while your at it, remove the defence of "diminished responsibility" for drunk criminals who regard ABH as part of a good night out.

I'd love to see some sort of alcohol licence in place, with a one-strike rule for anyone caught drink-driving, fighting, D&D etc. Keep alcohol for those who can take it and respect it.

Stopping people drinking , whatever next? At least they died happy. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back