Great Britain has fallen, UK next ...

Do you want to see Scotland and Wales leave the UK?

• Yes, England should rule alone!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, the GB and the UK must survive!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Who from ? some English Politician? or just the entire English Parliament? or some English, person wHo has never been further north than Newcastle [under Lyme]

What I find odd is that there is this headlong dash to "break free" from the EU

BUT???

If Scotland wants to do a "brexit" from England ---- OOOooo NO---NO--- NO

Sounds like some sort of Hyprocacy somewhere but I cannot just put my finger on it?

Well, I can quite well understand that view, so maybe independent analysts from both sides of the border? You have to bear in mind large parts of the North of England are sick of London based central government too.

Sponsored Links
Much better off.
Much worse off:

Scotland’s budget deficit – even including a share of revenues from the North Sea – remains high and, at almost 8% of gross domestic product, is four times as big as that for the UK as a whole.

The reason Scotland’s deficit is higher comes down to two factors: tax and spending. Its revenues are just over £300 per head lower than for the UK while its spending is more than £1,500 per head higher.

At present, talk of a fiscal black hole is so much political hot air. Scotland’s budget deficit is entirely notional as long as it is part of the UK. But it would become relevant in the event that a second referendum threw up a different result
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ublic-finances-limit-its-independence-options

Independance would suit me, it gets rid of the Barnett formula, which gives 20% more per head for public services -which arent performing well under Nicola Sturgeon.

Sponsored Links
Back