Great Britains finest moment, What was it?

M

Moz

Agincourt
Waterloo?
Trafalgar?
Rourkes Drift
1966 world Cup
Battle Of Britain ?

What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Battle of Britain. We stood alone in the whole world against a tyranny. And we saw them off!

LOL @ B.O.B :)

regarding these speed cams/an NEVER PAYING A FINE advice see your other thread to stop this being hijacked

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
Battle of Britain. We stood alone in the whole world against a tyranny. And we saw them off!

Not quite alone, many commonwealth countries involved as well as Poles, Czechs,

crystal ball said:
notb665 said:

OK - what I meant was no help from other air forces. Yes, we had pilots from other forces who had found their way to the UK. The point is the rest of Europe had fallen/gave up. The RAF didn't fall or give up.

notb665 said:
crystal ball said:
notb665 said:

OK - what I meant was no help from other air forces. Yes, we had pilots from other forces who had found their way to the UK. The point is the rest of Europe had fallen/gave up. The RAF didn't fall or give up.
Almost did! well according to the film they almost fell, the luftywaffers almost succeeded in diminishing the amount of airworthy planes but thank god for Michael Caine and Trevor Howard sorting out the fuzzy wuzzies!

I think the pilots from Australia / NZ, S.A and Rhodesia were here under the auspices of their respective governments.

The Australians sent many troops to fight for the mother country, but when they were under threat by the Japanese and asked for help it was the USA that came to the rescue forming the ANZUS treaty which lasted to at least the 1980s

Sponsored Links
Back