Great Britain.

as far as i can make out it’s only the English who think it’s the ‘greatest’ country in the world. nobody else can see what all the fuss is about.

Sponsored Links
If you don't know the answer, I'm not sure you're worthy of asking the question.
Eh? I'll have to think about that.

Good job you're not a teacher, I suppose.

Go and stand in the corner with Dazzler, another expat that seemingly hates the UK.
Well, I have never said I hate it but it's far from perfect.

From someone with no taste who has to travel through Devon to live in Cornwall.

Sponsored Links
Its just great.
And always will be.

So you do like diversity. Looks like Ryler is mellowing in his old age. All that rage and fire from your Black Shirt days are but glowing embers..:mrgreen:

Great Britain is only a geographical term.
The largest Island in the approximately 6000 Islands that make up the British archipelago.
Great Britain was used at one time to distinguish Britain from Brittany in France.

What exactly is it that people think makes Great Britain the 'greatest' country in the world?

We created "civilisation", i.e. people living together peacefully, cooperatively and for a higher purpose - as opposed to a life of the law of the jungle where only the strongest and worst people survive.

A list of British achievements, nos 5 and 7 being the most important:

1. Ending slavery
  2. Spreading democracy
  3. Spreading the UK legal system
  4. Building infrastructure
  5. Defeating fascism
  6. Forming the Modern World
  7. Industrial Revolution
  8. The Internet
  9. Human rights (Magna Carta)
Things fought for and attained over hundreds of years, now rapidly being destroyed unfortunately.

We created "civilisation", i.e. people living together peacefully, cooperatively and for a higher purpose

It's surprising how much peace you can create by slaughtering foreigners and other races. Innate modesty seems to prevent the British mentioning this part of their own history. Tasmania, for example, is especially peaceful. The indigenous people have been totally exterminated.

“‘Whatever happens, we have got, the Maxim, and they have not’: The Conspicuous Absence of Machine Guns in British Imperialist Imagery,” by Ramey Mize

In 1893 in Southern Africa, British colonial police slaughtered 1,500 Ndebele warriors, losing only four of their own men in the process.2

Since when did Britain invent the internet? WWW maybe, the internet, well certainly a contribution in terms of packet switching (fundamental to it's working) but invented? No.

Spreading democracy

Here's a couple of really easy questions for you:

Did most of the millions of Britons who laid down their lives for the Empire in WW1 have a vote?

When did the UK achieve universal adult suffrage?

Who did the millions of British Empire subjects in India and Africa vote for?

Sponsored Links
Back