1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Green temporary fencing roll

Discussion in 'In the Garden' started by john2k, 6 Jul 2018.

1. john2k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I purchased the following item in order to border my newly grown plants temporaryily so that it can grow into a hedge. I've also bought the metal rods that have a bend at the top to hammer into the ground. Whats the best way to attach the barrier roll to the metal rod?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/barrier-fencing-green/1096f

2. rsgaz

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Aren't you meant to sort of "weave" the rod through the holes in an alternating fashion? I think!

That's the only way I've ever seen it done on building sites with the orange version anyway.

3. nuzuki

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yep what he said or cable ties.

4. john2k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I was thinking of weaving it but wasn't sure if that's the proper way. Thanks.

5. john2k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    How far apart should the rods be?

6. nuzuki

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Normally when doing fencing I stick to gaps of 1.8m, 2m or 2.4 at the very most. Depends really on how long the stretch of fencing is and how many posts you have. More the merrier will make a stronger fence. In regards to the type of fence you have described I would try to make them nearer 1m apart if it is for livestock however if its just a marker fence stretch them out further. Also a good tip for getting it straight is to string a line and possibly use a line level so you get a nice neat looking fence.

Good luck