Greenstar 24i Junior - Help to drain down system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hope you can help. I have a leaking rad valve (upstairs) I need to drain the system down to work on the problem. I know how to re-pressurise the system but not drain down, non of my downstairs rads have drain valves on - any help appreciated.

Doc

Sponsored Links
HI

easy

1.turn the boiler off
2.undo any radiator valve (pick closest to the outside door)
3.slowly drain entire system (few buckets of water)
4.fit new rad valve with drain (for future )
5.repair the leak (upstairs )
6.refill the system
7.bleed the rads
8.turn the boiler on
9.happy days

Thanks for your help.

The actual leak was enough to drain the system enough for me to work on the valve. ;)

I was looking to get an answer specific to the boiler in question (Greenstar Junior 24i) I thought I may be able to drain the ststem from a valve on the boiler and attach a hose?? :?:

HI

if there is any drain valve fitted then yes .

Sponsored Links
Should be a drain off at all the low points on the system. If rads are on 'drops' i.e. pipe feeding come down the wall from upstairs, then a drain point should be fitted at each drop.

If you havent got these then the installer was an idiot! Can drain via a rad valve if necessary, depending on your plumbing skills whether you want to retrofit drain off's as required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back