Greenstar 24i Junior - questions, please help..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Last week some of you helped me out with some issues I was having with my noisys rads - thank you all!
We have since had a Worcester Bosch engineer in, he said we had a lot of air in our system and that the pump was turned down too low so the flow was too slow.
He turned the the pump up and topped the pressure to 2bar. The rads were quiet for a while but they have started making a few noises again.
The one rad seems to be cold at the bottom (we have old rad 70s or 80s, the hot water comes in from the top). If they heat from the top I assume if there was air in it the air would rise but it seems to be cold at the bottom rather than the top.
The engineer told us the noise might go on for about 2 weeks before it clears all the air but the W.B. rep I spoke to today said that was rubbish. The engineer said that as this boiler self vents there would be no need to bleed the rads but again the W.B. rep told me we would need to do so. When I told him the rad was cold at the bottom he said it might be an insulation problem and we should get the installer back in.

In addition to the above the transmitter now seems to not be connecting to the boiler - I spoke to an Worcester Bosch tech support person and he said our wireless broadband might be interfering with the frequency but we have had both the broadband and transmitter in since Dec and not had this problem - has anyone experienced this?

If anyone can help at all with the above I would really appreciate it. At this rate i'm getting a grey hair a day and want to move somewhere hot all year so I don't have to deal with this stress.

Sponsored Links
If rads are cold at bottom and you keep getting air in system the its likely that the muck is corroding the rads badly and producing gas. This would be an installation issue and the system should have at least been cleansed if not flushed.

Many things seem to upset the WB wireless room stats. Ive heard wifi can cause interferance, as can electrical fuse units and mirrors apparently!

Thanks for that information :D
When the boiler was initially installed I think the system was cleaned and i'm sure Sentinal was put in but we had some pipework done recently and I don't think the plumber put new inhibiter into the system so maybe that is what is causing the problem. I have spoken to the boiler installer and he is going to put more inhibiter in for us - hopefully that will solve the problem and it's nothing more complicated.
Do you know, if it is muck in the rads whether that can damage the new boiler? The problem has been present for about 2 weeks.
Thanks again for your advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back