help please!!! radiator wont warm up!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i need help please.
my front room rad has never been great for warming up,the bottom was always cold and the top luke warm.
i took some advice that there may be sediment at the bottom of the rad.
so i have had the rad removed and there was a lot of black sludge crap, the rad was flushed fully to clear it.
once the rad was re fitted if anything it seems worse??
the flow pipe into the rad is hot but the return not hot so i thought the return pipe might be blocked. so i have disconnected the return pipe and the water feed coming from it is a good jet.
so im completly baffled why the rad dont heat up and seems worse since the flush????
any ideas please i dont want another cold winter with this rad.
my system is run on a combi boiler, with 8 rads.
thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
do the same to the flow.

it would be best to connect a hose to it & turn the boiler filling loop on. this will flush mains water through the suspect pipework. do the same with the return. once completed refill, vent & repressurise. open both valves fully. shut down flows to all other rads & run heating. see what happens.
then treat the system with system cleaner, then add an inhibitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back