Greenstar 24i system boiler filling

should be a motorised valve with unvented system can you trace where the wires go(.mind you looking at the pressure relief from boiler might be a bad install)

Sponsored Links
victory!
it was below the sink that was in the same utility room. Just hidden behind a pile of other stuff, hencewhy I missed it.
That's the filling loop.

Motorised valves found too, there are in a hatch below the staircase. There are two motorised valves and one other, diverter valve?
I think it might be the culprit of making noises issue - someone recommended me to unscrew it, clean it and put back together :D any better ideas?

Does the cylinder sit on a platform inside that cupboard? If there is then the valves may be in the void under the cylinder.

Can you give us the GC number (GCxx-xxx-xx) - should be on the sticker where the boiler type is marked on the inside of the drop panel perhaps.

As suggested, please don't take the cover off the boiler - that isn't DIY territory - and really needs to be checked by someone that can test the boiler combustion now.

It may be an idea to get a CH bod in, that is both Gas Safe and unvented cylinder qualified just to give your system the once over and can identify all the controls and connections for you.
what could possibly change the combustion of a boiler by a mare panel removal?
Not trying to argue, just curious.
It's not like the panel was air tight or anything

Sponsored Links
what could possibly change the combustion of a boiler by a mare panel removal?
Not trying to argue, just curious.
It's not like the panel was air tight or anything
Yes - the boiler case sits against the combustion space seal - if that isn't sitting correctly or in good condition then it could alter the combustion of the boiler - it could also, if the heat exchanger seal was compromised - leak products of combustion into the room.

Of course all these are worst case scenarios but never the less, it is the recommended standard and only for the safety of you and yours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back