Greenstar CDi30 Conventional - low temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can assist with suggestions.

Greenstar CDi30 has been fault free for 10 years. One night last weekend the pump was still running after the system should have switched off and there was an E9 fault code showing. Upon resetting the pump switched off and the boiler restarted OK and was fully firing the next day without any further fault, and I booked a service for next Monday the earliest I can be at home for the day. I also dropped the temperature slightly.

Yesterday the temperature display is not getting above 40/45degC. I've switched off and restarted, no change. Also then cleaned the condensate trap which was clear. It still only seems to fire initially and then go off. No fault is showing.

I suspect it may be the fan or the pcb but am reluctant to start changing things without a bit more confidence that is what it is. I've changed these on a past boiler which we had problems with so would be comfortable to do. I note there is a PCB fuse but guess unlikely it is that.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just to add it sounds like the fan starts initially and boiler fires, and then within a few seconds fan cuts off and ramps down.

Given the work you've carried out so far the forum can't give you any more advice than call out a qualified gas engineer....work related to combustion etc is non diy.

Sponsored Links
Make sure whoever looks at the boiler services it as detailed in the manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back