Greenway Home Improvements / Greenway my experiences

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My family has had two projected constructed by Greenway, a porch & conservatory.

The conservatory base framework was supplied by Conservatory Outlet, the roofing system was supplied by Ultraframe. The double glazed panels were supplied by Glass Systems.

We were conned concerning our porch foundations (which was paid for but not dug and laid) & Greenway supplied & fitted the wrong specification of roofing glass in conservatory. There have also been other problems with the conservatory, which would be covered by the guarantee, but Greenway refuse to do this work.

The conservatory is badly constructed; the quality of the product is below standard.

Greenway were approached regarding the problems, nothing was rectified. Things got worse when a 10’ x 2’ 6 “ double glazed roofing panel fell out of the roof frame & bowed into the conservatory. After the abuse I received from Greenway, I reviewed Greenway on the internet. It was then Greenway threatened to sue me for reviewing the company and informing the public of how Greenway have treated my family.

Greenway MD came to my family’s home on three separate occasions, took lists, made promises but these were never kept.

I submitted an official letter to Greenway, setting out what needed to be rectified and with a set deadline.

Greenway response is to keep reiterating, that Greenway will not conduct any work at my home unless my home security CCTV camera is switched off and I must not give any negative comments towards Greenway fitter whilst they are present.

I consider these demands as BLACKMAIL by Greenway Home Improvements / Greenway.

Sponsored Links
No matter how tempting you never leave negative feedback whilst still pursuing a company, common sense really.

Dear honesty,

You and I both know the truth... Your continued pursuit of our company is nothing less than an unhealthily obsession. I cannot believe you continue to post on sites such as these two years on from your initial report regarding the roof glass in a conservatory purchased by your parents.

The contract is between Greenway and your parents, we would be more than happy to deal with your parents and would like nothing more than to rectify the issues.

As you know the matter of the roof glass could have been resolved within a short time of you reporting it, us inspecting it and agreeing to change it. We take full responsibility for ordering the roof glass incorrectly an error costly to us. In life human error occurs unfortunately, as much as we would like to minimise it, it is a fact of life. We have sincerely apologised for this genuine mistake and it is you not allowing us back to the property that has prevented your issues not being resolved and in my opinion you have no intention of letting us carry out the work as your continuous posting is a game to you. As you know your pursuit of Greenway has got you nowhere, the ombudsmen, Nick Ross, trading standards all urge you to allow us to carry out the remedial work but that would be the end of your fun wouldn't it? Obviously you have too much time on your hands and nothing more interesting to do then to attempt to destroy our business.

We take pride in every aspect of our service and we have applied the same level of professionalism dealing with you, despite what you claim. We continuously have recommendations and have spent years building and valuing our reputation.

We have thousands of satisfied customers, have a 97% satisfaction rating with our Independant Warrenty company and rate top of the leader board on the national conservatory outlet review site. I do not intend to get into a continued banter with you over the other points you raised, one point albeit minor is valid, the others are false statements but I genuinely feel that nothing will ever appease you.

Mrs L. GREEN
COMPANY SECRETARY OF GREENWAY HOME IMPROVEMENTS.

Mrs L Green has conveniently forgotten the official letter, I submitted on behalf of my family to Greenway. This letter gave a deadline of the 12 May for the substantial amount of defective products / work to be rectified.

This deadline of the 12 May elapsed and nothing was done by Greenway.

The letter was as follows:-

RE: Rectifying of issues with Conservatory & Porch- installed by Greenway (FINAL DEADLINE for completion of work 12 MAY 2012)

Dear Mr Andrew Green and Mrs Lucianne Green

Following Mr Green's email dated 10 April 2012. I understand Greenways will not want to supply answers, but as the customer that has paid in full for two projects and not received the corrected goods. I require answers.

1. Mr Green states the ‘contract is subject to surveyor guidelines’.
i. What date did Greenway surveyor, Ian Haines conduct the Greenway survey on the porch?

ii. How did Greenway surveyor, Ian Haines came to the conclusion that the base was if fact suitable for the new structure. E.g. what was the depth, conditions etc. of the existing ground work?
As a professional company, your personal surveyor would have produced a written report and placed this report in the project’s file.

2. You, Mr Green have admitted that Conservaglass is stated on the drawing at the quotation stage. The contract was signed following viewing of the quotation stating Conservaglass. Nowhere on the contract does it state that Greenway would be obtaining the glass from a different supplier. E.g. Glass Systems. Thus, I have been informed by Trading Standards that I am entitled to receive what is stated on the paperwork, i.e. Conservaglass. Subsequently, this would enable me to obtain the certificate of authenticity from Ultraframe.

Why is Greenway not allowing me to obtain this certificate of authenticity?

3. It was previously stated by you, Mr Green in correspondence dated 16 February 2012, “I will come to site with them to ensure that there will be no issues and you can liaise with me directly”. Considering what has transpired over the past 13-14 months and the lies and deceit I have had to endure from Greenway, I believe it is only appropriate that, (stated by Mr Green in email dated 21 February 2012), the ‘top of the tree’ be present as the third person, to assist John & Nathan.

N.B. It was Steve & Rob that have verbally assaulted Miss Williams and these two individuals are not welcome in the family home, following these fitters actions.

4. You, Mr Green claim, the structure will be energy efficient as soon as the work is completed. Back in February 2011, John, Steve& Rob walked away from the project claiming the conservatory was complete. As Greenway are fully aware, the conservatory is full of substantial holes and gaps (French Doors do not close completely, windows not shutting tightly, dummy window not clamped properly). In reference to point 7 of Mr Green’s email dated 10 April 2012, “I will not be clamping this”(Dummy Sash window).
This also contradicts Mr Green’s statement claiming the structure will be energy efficient, “as soon as the remedial works are complete”.

5. In reference to Greenway attempting to supply a ‘brand lookalike’ product. There is nothing stated on any paper work, supplied by Greenway concerning this project that claims the glass will come from any other supplier, other than Ultraframe.
Thus, I am entitled to receive Conservaglass in my conservatory, which is UNIQUE to Ultraframe.

6. In reference to Mr Green’s claims, point 7 that the‘dummy sash’ window in my conservatory, is within manufacture standards. Is Greenway claiming that Conservatory Outlet manufacture window frames for conservatories that allow draughts to enter via a fixed dummy window?
Additionally, is Greenway stating that their experienced fitters cannot rectify the structural problems Greenway fitters caused in February 2011, without damaging my property, “small mark which may appear on the frame for the tool required to remove the beads”?

7. Concerning the issue with the guttering, the water flows away from the down pipe and how can Greenway make a statement that nothing is wrong with the structure when no inspection has been conducted by Greenway concerning the guttering?
8. The Misting/fogging & mould like substance in the glass units must be replaced by the supplier and fitted, as the units when viewed were not even one year old, yet had problems. Mr Green’s decision point 9, “I will ask my fitters to view them again and report to me. If they are within Glass and Glazing guidelines they will not be changed”.
This is not an option, considering Greenway fitters previously fitted a cracked glass unit to the conservatory and found this to be, up to a high standard.

9. The adjusting of the French Doors.
These will be adjusted correctly to prevent draughts and to enable my arthritic parents to use the handles, without assistance.
This was attempted by Greenway’s fitter Andy on 19 December 2011 and the doors became difficult to use after these adjustments, also the gap around the door remains.

10. The valley capping that was damaged by Rob, Greenway Fitter on 19 May 2011, when Rob forced the roof glazing unit up to remove adhesive tape backing that had been left on in February 2011 during construction.
This will be replaced, free of charge, as it was damaged by a Greenway employee.

11. The Williams Family will be reimbursed for any damages caused by Greenway, should they occur at the family home, whilst Greenway are in my property?

12. In connection with Mr Greens point 14 comments. Checking through the records pertaining to the Greenway Case, it has been established that Greenway are constantly chopping and changing, on hold with the work, then would retract what had been previously agreed etc. It appears Greenway is placing the onus on the client/customer for not making contact, when in fact Greenway are refusing to complete the project to an acceptable standard, unless the client/customer accepts Greenway terms. (Against what is on paper work, advertisement etc.)

13. Mr Green states in his point 15 “At all time I have always stated that I just want to sort the work out for you”. Yet Greenway for months, kept reiterating that the only problem with the conservatory was glazing support trims. Greenway deliberately ignored the other significant problems with the projects. Also the list that was taken by Mr Green on the 25 May 2011. This isn’t a company that was attempting to “sort the work out”

On a personal and professional note I too, wish to make comments.
I, Miss Williams came to you Mr Green and Mrs Green believing you were to be a professional company, only to find that I would be deceived in a considerable way, from your fitters Steve, John and Rob, to your surveyor (Ian Haines), your salesman (Tom Tucker), and also yourselves (Mr and Mrs Green).

You, Mr Green were allegedly appalled of how the company, Gwent Aluminium treated my family. Greenway went as far as to request photos of the bad workmanship conducted at my family home by Gwent Aluminium. This same kind of work was then conducted by your own fitters Steve John and Rob.

Leaving the conservatory with significant holes, using silicon to hide bad workmanship, cutting the produced when there was no need to do so, not conducting the work that needed doing as promised, placing large amounts silicon upon glass units (I still wonder if this was an attempt to start a arguments early within the project, as my family asked if the silicon could be removed from the glass several time and every time we were ignored by Steve), etc.

My family and I did in fact trust, Mr Tucker with the details concerning the porch at the beginning, only to be deceived by him too. We were made to believe that the builder would conduct the work on the porch base and that we would also receive a peephole within the door knocker. When my family approach Greenway regarding the base Mrs Green informed us the job was not big enough for a builder, yet my family paid for a qualified person to build the structure. Concerning the peephole we were told “it’s not on the contract”. It appears the contract only applies when Greenways wants it to. (The front door came fitter with a door knocker and letter box. Yet these items were not on the contract but were items that Mr Tucker placed within the Greenway quotation on the paper work, as was the peephole that was not supplied).

In connection with Mr Haines, it appears Greenway surveyor is not quite telling the truth. I refer to one instance, this relates to the porch base again, as there has been no professional survey conducted. There would have been visible evidence if a professional survey had been carried out. Furthermore, I made enquires on the 28 February 2011 with Mr Haines, regarding information concerning the porch base. Mr Haines response does not correspond with Greenway’s later account.

In reference to you, Mrs Green, my family have had to have a considerable amount of patience, we have had demands for money when the project (conservatory) was not finished, conflicting emails from yourself and your husband, wrong specification of glass ordered (which has made my family endure extreme heat and cold, this is contradicting to your advertisements/promises), the refusal of information relating to the projects, the constant delays for the completion of the projects, etc. All this, yet the projects have been paid for in full, in the early part of 2011.

Additionally in regards to you, Mr Green you have tried to deceive my family a considerable amount of times and you have also tried to insult our intelligence.

I refer to the time that you Mr Green argued with me, Miss Williams within the public domain that the glass fitted in my conservatory roof was Activ blue, when clearly it was not.

You state your company has fitted hundreds of conservatories, thus you would have had to refer to my project file to obtain what specifications roofing glass was ordered for my roof (not from memory). At that time you would have in fact seen, from your records that your wife had ordered Activ,not Activ blue, as you stated. I also find it very hard to understand that Glass Systems could complete an order, considering Glass Systems were not supplied a colour for the glass (Neutral or Blue).

Furthermore what happened to Greenway’s inwards check of goods?

As the person responsible for checking goods delivered, would have clearly seen the roofing glass was not blue but clear glass. Glass Systems delivery paperwork would not have corresponded with Greenway paper work. You were able to inform me in the public domain on the web site ‘Can you trust them’,on 23 November 2011 (obviously from Greenways records) ”The glass used in your roof is Pilkington active blue. I’m sorry if the blue is not blue enough for you. But it is subtle”.

Do you, Mr Green even remember what you told my family and I on the 6 January 2012? Concerning how Greenway/Glass Systems discovered that the wrong roofing glass was ordered. You then, at a later date told a different account, which contradicts the previous account.

From further comments within the email of 10 April 2012 concerning “nothing I do will be good enough for you”.

What have you Mr Green actually done?

I, Miss Williams and my family came to you with problems with the projects on the 25 May 2011. You, Mr Green wrote a list of work that needed to be completed, yet the work was not corrected within the allotted time specified on the contract. To this date the list still has not been completed.

With reference to the comment, “I am not prepared to take three days out of my companies time to baby sit my fitters whilst on site”. It has been previously agreed that you Mr Green would came to site as the third person to conduct the outstanding work. As for the ‘Baby-sitting’, are you afraid that you will then see how your conservatory fitter conducts his work and how he responds to customers (as I was appalled by John’s behaviour on the 28 February 2011 and John’s behaviour in the street for everyone to see).

Mr Green’s comments concerning “hundreds and hundreds of more than satisfied customers”, this statement only confirms that Greenway have in fact been victimizing my family. Considering there has been a substantial amount of problems with the conservatory which Greenway does not want to rectify. Stated as, Greenway keeps changing the game plan/terms.

How many customers have had to endure their roofs falling out of the conservatory roofing frame and bowing down into their conservatory?

You, Mr Green states people only have to pick up the phone and say “Andrew can you help me”. Well, my brother tried this approach with you, Mr Green and you did not want to help him. Subsequently, I approached you, only to be told to place the communication in writing, via email or post; also I was barred from entering Greenways site.

Thus how can Greenway state my family, “are not being victimised in anyway shape or form”?

I understand this is a lengthy email and Mr Green likes to "skip to the end" of my emails as he considers them to be “counterproductive”, but I feel it is only fitting that I get to air my views and facts for a change, following the slander/defamation of character (towards myself Miss Williams) that has been occurring throughout this case, for proving significant facts.

As I have not wanted and still do not want the issues to continue, I will request my stipulations once again from my correspondence of 3 April 2012, be carried out in full.

As from the date of this correspondence 12 April 2012, I Miss Williams require that all the outstanding work be completed, by the 12 May 2012. This includes the correct roofing glass, “Conservaglass” and my projects brought up to a high standard that is advertised by Greenway/Conservatory Outlet.

Subsequently, if Greenway are NOT prepared to honour the contract, guarantee, promises made etc. I, Miss Williams will obtain a quote from another source, concerning the work that need to be carried out on my conservatory & porch and Greenway will pay for the work to be carried out prior to the work commencing.

If Greenways are not prepared to provide what has been stipulated, I will review my case again, in order to obtain what has been paid for in full.

An acknowledgement of receipt of this email is required by 1.00 p.m. on 13 April 2012 and a subsequent full response to follow, with the understanding that the work must be completed by 12 May 2012.

Sponsored Links
The company i work for (not a DG company) get to pick up the pieces on exactly this type of situation when the installers finally call it a day, wind the business up or change names slightly and start a fresh with no previous liabilities, its usually jobs like this when they get that fed up with rogue customers or to balance things out in fairness carry out years of dodgy installations.

I can really see this job going that way :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back