Greta at Bristol.

Sponsored Links
The leaders who talk a good game (but do nothing about it) were once idealistic kids too.
Just saying....
I suppose action is better than apathy

my suspicion is that nothing will be done and it will be too late

its a bit like living in a student house that is always a mess - collective responsibility means it ends up with nothing being done. Even if the UK become carbon neutral, there are over 1 billion Chinese people farting

Sponsored Links
Recently had a thread blocked simply for expressing an opinion, ie that children should not be used for pushing political programmes.

Here's a not unrelated thought on the school strike, where hundreds of kids took a day off school and rocked up at Bristol to hear GT speak.

Instead, what if their teachers had said: "right children, we're skipping school today to travel down to Ironbridge, Bewdley and Bridgenorth to help people clear up after being flooded out"
This way, they would actually see the effects of what they perceive as Climate Change and they and their teachers might actually have done something useful. But, no - that wouldn't have been as exciting as being part of a big demonstration.
Is she being used or is she her own person?
Even a child can work out from the evidence available that we are bolluxing up the planet, and being on the spectrum will give her the necessary focus. My guess is she's uncorruptible and a 100% genuine. I wish her all the best. Sadly I doubt she will succeed, greed and selfishness is at the core of human nature. Even life long environmentalists like myself seem to be unable to make anything more than token changes to our lifestyles.

Ironic about Ironbridge, possibly the Birthplace of the Industrial Revolution. May be we should all be helping out since it was the industrial revolution that has given most of us our wonderful lifestyles and s now coming back to bite our backsides.

Only a fool could deny 'climate change', it's happening, it's real. Conversely, in my opinion only a fool would readily accept that we are:
a. responsible for this because of co2 emissions.
b. able to do anything about it.
We know we are responsible for climate change, through emitting CO2 (and other greenhouse gases). Why do you even doubt it?

Why don't you think we can't do something about it? We know how to generate eletricity without carbon emission (renewables and nuclear). We also need to change the economy, change how we carry out farming, and improve the lives of those in need. We know how to do those things without going back to the stone age (or any other past age).

We know we are responsible for climate change, through emitting CO2 (and other greenhouse gases). Why do you even doubt it?

WE don't know any such thing, we are assuming because there has been an increase in CO2 which has coincided with climate change, that the CO2 must be the cause. In fact the climate has always changed, so nothing new there.

so hard to know how to take seriously, isn't it?

WE don't know any such thing, we are assuming because there has been an increase in CO2 which has coincided with climate change, that the CO2 must be the cause. In fact the climate has always changed, so nothing new there.
Wrong.
We know the increase in carbon in the atmosphere is down to us, owing to not just the increase in concentration, but the type of carbon that is increasing:
CO2 produced from burning fossil fuels or burning forests has quite a different isotopic composition from CO2 in the atmosphere. This is because plants have a preference for the lighter isotopes (12C vs. 13C); thus they have lower 13C/12C ratios. Since fossil fuels are ultimately derived from ancient plants, plants and fossil fuels all have roughly the same 13C/12C ratio – about 2% lower than that of the atmosphere. As CO2 from these materials is released into, and mixes with, the atmosphere, the average 13C/12C ratio of the atmosphere decreases.
http://www.realclimate.org/index.ph...ncreases-are-due-to-human-activities-updated/

An easier read here:
https://skepticalscience.com/its-not-us.htm

Only a fool could deny 'climate change', it's happening, it's real. Conversely, in my opinion only a fool would readily accept that we are:
a. responsible for this because of co2 emissions.
Go back to school

Even a child can work out from the evidence available that we are bolluxing up the planet,
.lol ....apparently the concept is nonsense to many......of the uneducated flat earth brigade

ah, if only there was a worldful of experts who could examine, test and dissect the evidence thoroughly enough to refine the research and reach a consensus.

ooops

there is.

Two words.
Hockeystick chart.

Even if the UK become carbon neutral, there are over 1 billion Chinese people farting

SOME SAY that China is the biggest threat to the future peace of the world. Actually, I think that title goes jointly to drug abuse, Islam, the ever increasing number of cars and the diminution of the British Empire and its civilising influence around the world. However, China is pretty awful, as someone in a locked thread commented recently. See the YouTube clip below for more details about China's awfulness - it asks why Greta Thunderbird gives China "a free pass". BUT please note, it's the Chinese government that is awful, not necessarily the Chinese people. Roger Scruton got panned for saying that the Chinese people were replicas of each other; the government is making them so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=msrqE87yTRs&feature=emb_logo

Sponsored Links
Back