Greta Thunberg got a job

Sponsored Links
Not a very good name for that insulating robot. It actually DOES something.

bbfd1e44-a3ba-44bc-bced-d187bd07ef0c-jpeg.199883

Not a nice place for a wheeled robot unless it was a self righting robot.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/suspended-floor-insulation-and-damp-proofing-questions.549632/

I wonder if the robot designer has ever seen under the floor boards of a typical house, besides the broken bricks, offcuts of wood and all manner of other crap, there is the electrics and plumbing.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if the robot designer has ever seen under the floor boards of a typical house, besides the broken bricks, offcuts of wood and all manner of other crap, there is the electrics and plumbing.

It sounded a good enough idea, perhaps to claim a development grant. Grants are much easy to come by, if the word 'green' is mentioned.

I recall this robot ( or similar) was demonstrated on the telly a good few years ago

Thu under floor in the video has obviously been pre-prepped before the video was shot. Nice new clean joists and the floor board undersides look brand new. The ground looks like small sifted stones with none of the usual detritus that you find under a floor. Where's the empty fag packets, cable reels, half bricks, empty plaster bags and the ubiquitous 'girlie' mag?

Squirting the plumbing would be a good thing, not so much the wiring!

How about the voids 4ft deep you can crawl around in them? And you need a new way in to get past each sleeper wall.
Any crack or breach in that insulation would be a cool spot, so expect your joists to rot. Same where joists are supported in the inner skin of a cavity wall. Oops.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back