Grid alert as families face cold weather power cuts.

Big_Spark said:
I cannot remember which country it was in..perhaps one of the equally travelled members can fill this in and remind me of the location...

Vladivostok mate. What were you doing there?
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
Oilman, I prefer a challenge to the challenged. The posts are there for all to see, you were the offensive one, not me. I only replied to your post in the same manner as you.
david and julie said:
Really? So do you get thumped often in pubs for coming out with a statement like
Keep your trap shut ar**sole your halitosis is making my eyes water.

My post was on topic and inoffensive, yours was again an off topic load of claptrap.

I would be quite comfortable in not getting thumped for
Thank goodness for that.

Or did you have a more obtuse meaning? I can't see quite why you need to be so constantly rude, unless of course you se me as some sort of threat to some perceived position you have.

oilman said:
david and julie said:
Oilman, I prefer a challenge to the challenged. The posts are there for all to see, you were the offensive one, not me. I only replied to your post in the same manner as you.
david and julie said:
Really? So do you get thumped often in pubs for coming out with a statement like
Keep your trap shut ar**sole your halitosis is making my eyes water.

My post was on topic and inoffensive, yours was again an off topic load of claptrap.

I would be quite comfortable in not getting thumped for
Thank goodness for that.

Or did you have a more obtuse meaning? I can't see quite why you need to be so constantly rude, unless of course you se me as some sort of threat to some perceived position you have.

actually if I said something and someone said "thank goodness for that" id be breaking the bottle over their head before they closed their mouths for a sarky reply like that. if i was standing there in a group and someone said it to someone else id see nothing wrong if they did get a mouth full of fist

as for the d+j reply, if someone said that to me id probably find it hard not to laugh, if i herd it said to someone then id probably be pointing and laughing :LOL:

there is a difference between a sarky reply from someone who has nothing better to add and nothing more insulting and rude, whereas theres a hell of a lot of amusement in a humorous reply.

dont get me wrong im not taking sides, just my opinion

..............actually if I said something and someone said "thank goodness for that" id be breaking the bottle over their head before they closed their mouths for a sarky reply like that.

Same moronic blokish mentality then, easily offended by something you just might have misinterpreted, but then I doubt you could have thought of that.

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:

To be honest D+J, I think you have simply over reacted. You ended you post with the words

Gripe over

And then Freddie said

Thank goodness for that

Now I am sorry, but I cannot see what is offensive in that comment..if you didn't want someone to make a sarcy comment..then perhaps you shouldn't have ended your post with one..If you take my point.

To be honest this entire thread has largely wandered off topic of corts and your post was niether on or off..it was sort of in the spirit..and Freddies was just the sort of reply I think most would have given..he just happened to beat everyone else to it..

It was no reason to make some of the comments you did to be honest, so it is best to just forget it.

oilman said:
..............actually if I said something and someone said "thank goodness for that" id be breaking the bottle over their head before they closed their mouths for a sarky reply like that.

Same moronic blokish mentality then, easily offended by something you just might have misinterpreted, but then I doubt you could have thought of that.

ahh look here we go, i ended my post stating that it was just my opinion.
and now you have got all offensive and insulting, i never insulted you yet look at your response, who was the moron again :confused:

Big_Spark,
And then Freddie said
Have I missed something?

You can't kid a kidder oilman, we all know what you said, we all know what you meant, nothing was misinterpreted by anyone.

Now stop being childish you were in the wrong again. :rolleyes:

Well I work for the National Grid and we have had no problems with production or demand, I think the press like to make stories up when they get bored. The other side of this could be the producers wanting to scare the government into commiting public funds to build new Power Station and perhaps keep some of the older Nuclear ones going for now.

You would be surprised at how much slack there is in the National Grid, but much of it is barred from being spoken about in public for National Security reasons, well that is what we are told and I have no reason to doubt them.

Actually Julie, Freddie didn't even say what I said he did..it was Oilman...

And YOU didn't even spot it.

Nothing Oilman said warranted the attack he recieved, Dave accused him of insulting him but he did not..

I am aware people know that Oilman , Freddie and I do not always see eye to eye, but if your going to start an argument, do it with some ammunition, not a blank..

Freddie

Apologies Fella, I typed your name in error, it should have been Oilman not you I credited the comment to in my earlier post. :oops:

Big_Spark said:
Actually Julie, Freddie didn't even say what I said he did..it was Oilman...

And YOU didn't even spot it.

Nothing Oilman said warranted the attack he recieved, Dave accused him of insulting him but he did not..

I am aware people know that Oilman , Freddie and I do not always see eye to eye, but if your going to start an argument, do it with some ammunition, not a blank..

Big Spark I did notice it - thats why I quoted the post you had made the in the first place.

Why do you assume I want an argument? I was just trying to say that Freddie didn't say it.............thats all!!!!!!

Julie..read your post quickly, spotted my error and made my post..and then promptly misinterpreted what you meant..
:oops:

Big_Spark said:
Julie..read your post quickly, spotted my error and made my post..and then promptly misinterpreted what you meant..
:oops:

No probs ;) :LOL:

Apologies for coming into this so late, but I don't find the following figures credible.

Big_Spark said:
Okay, I have dug out the files from my filing cabinet and had a quick squint through them...
Cost = £274.89

Now factored into this cost is 18% for Illuminated Road Signage = £49.48
Also a further 23% is factored in for Traffic Control Systems = £63.22

Total Cost of electricity per Lamp = £387.59
This is very confusing - why are you using the term "factored in" when you appear simply to be "adding" numbers to the cost, for no good reason?

Big_Spark said:
Further Costs making up the total figure of £5728.61 are...
<snip>
Grand Total of £5728.61
You've included an annual cost of replacing the post - this is ludicrous. What is the average age of a post?

Big_Spark said:
The figures are all average costs across the entire country.
No they're not. They're figures being posted by you without any credence to them whatsoever. This is an all to familiar scenario. Next you'll be claiming that the post outside your house is metal-bodied, and all others are plastic bodied.

Big_Spark said:
The point is that if the lights were turned off, then Nationally a LOT of money could be diverted elswhere as there would be no maintenance costs nor running costs.
This is blatenty untrue. Post replacement, for example, isn't caused by the electricity wearing out the post. In fact, arguably, the post would be more at risk from vehicle damage if its overhead light were turned off!

This is not personal B_S, so please don't take it that way, but these figures are utter tripe from beginning to end.

Sponsored Links
Back