Grill element replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The grill element in our oven went pop the other day. I've found this replacement element for it (it's a Homark 02-800100 oven):

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/cookers-and-hobs/p/1092/0/0/0/131958/top-grill-element.html

However, the feedback indicates that the two mounting holes are unthreaded, whereas the originals are (the element is held in place by two screws that screw into these holes). I've never tapped a thread before, and I guess I could get some suitable nuts and bolts, but to be honest I'd rather just fit the thing without the faffing around! I found some other suppliers so emailed them asking if the elements they sell had threaded holes but none of them replied. Can anybody recommend a seller who's likely to have something suitable and/or is likely to response to a query about the holes being threaded please?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I can confirm they have good customer service - they were the only people to reply to my queries, although sadly they can't supply a suitable part!

Sponsored Links
you'll find that the screws go straight through the element mounting plate and screw in to captive nuts at the back, try unscrewing just one screw and you'll see what I mean ! Honest !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back