Grind a damaged square

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg Hi all, I lent one of my squares to a mate and it came back butchered, I could have decked the ****

Basically he used the square as a guide to cut some quarry tiles with an angle grinder so the outer edge is, well, nigh on ruined. The positives are the top and bottom of the outer edge aren’t damaged so I’m thinking It can be set square and found true again if I can get someone that can precision grind

A life is at stake here

Sponsored Links
i think the cost to find someone to do that is probably a lot more than replacing with one of the quality Square - and He should pay

I dont know anyone who does that type of work, but a google search did come up with a few grinding service - if you can find a decent local company prepared to do that

Sponsored Links
i lent my next door neighbour a dewalt plug in/18v 4D work light it came back covered in plaster
he went to hand it back i said "thats not mine" he said it was "i said"i have one that looks like that but its not covered in plaster can you please go and look for it "
it came back clean

All sorted, found a engineering/toolmaker company locally, they chucked it on a grinder, took about 20mins, they married it with the internal angle and it's bob on, charged me £20, well, charged my mate £20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back