Grohe toilet frame installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to plumb this. (see photo), Waste is above ground level, floor to top of waste 240mm.

To achieve a 400mm high toilet I need to plumb the 'hole' at 220mm. Looks like i'm around 100mm high.

I could accept the toilet at 500mm high, although would prefer alternative option. Any ideas?

I can't really move the waste lower and I need to tee in another toilet further downstream so that will be even higher?!

Thanks folks.

IMG_0261.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not sure if it's just me but I'm having a hard time understanding your post. Without seeing the pan itself or being sure how you're positioning everything, it looks to me like there should be scope between adjusting the legs on the frame and using a 90° pan connector to get a normal enough mounting height.
In any case 500mm is absurdly high. I'm 5'10 and my feet wouldn't touch the floor.

Putting the 90’ pan connection supplied by grohe into the (brown) waste connector and adjusting the feet to fit would make the final pan height 500mm.

I can’t see how to get it any lower with the waste the way it is?

I think it's fairly unusual to have a tee like that oriented vertically right behind the loo. I don't think you'd have much more luck with a floor mounted pan. Obviously you will need to bring everything further out from the wall if you rotate it to horizontal, unless you put the loo on the other wall and have the tee right in the corner. But without seeing everything you're working with it's a bit tricky to make an intelligent comment.

Sponsored Links
4327792F-5705-464D-9602-DD7A6AD0B659.jpeg
B629D0F9-929E-4B9C-BABD-47D3C5E99DE3.jpeg
F8519BAE-E41B-4F37-BEE1-3D1344614DC8.jpeg
Sort of works, hole centre now 260mm. I guess that makes pan height around 460mm.

F8519BAE-E41B-4F37-BEE1-3D1344614DC8.jpeg

I think if you get a swivel pan connector you should be able to rotate the wye towards the front a little though obviously it brings you further out from the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back