1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

onnecting Grohe wall hung frame to soil pipe/waste alignment issue

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by MadaCup, 3 Sep 2021.

1. MadaCup

MadaCup

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm having difficulties figuring out how I can connect the grohe wall hung frame waste to my existing soil pipe/waste. The grohe frame clamps the waste in place which allows you to alter the angle or have it go straight down. Once the toilet is on the wall the toilet slides on to this waste pipe via an adapter. I have the frame in roughly the correct position at the right height for the wall hung toilet but I cannot find a solution to connect the 2 together.

The 135 degree bend I have is at the wrong angle for the height (the toilet would end up being 50cm+ off the floor), the 90 degree bend is too bulky as is the flexible mechanical bend (https://www.toolstation.com/adjustable-bend-0-900/p57275?searchstr=soil adjustable). I've seen there are adjustable soil pipes but again it's too bulky for the space (https://www.toolstation.com/magicflex-male-to-female-soil-pipe/p60727).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any thoughts on how I can align the pipes? The 2nd picture shows the grohe waste pipe which clips in to the frame and I'm about 80-100mm out vertically.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Would a 135 degree spirit bend into the branch and then the soil connector shown in 2nd photo into that work?

• Like Like x 1
  4. MadaCup

MadaCup

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I made some progress but cutting down the grohe pipe to as small as it will go. The vertical height is about 50mm higher than I would have liked but it's the best I can do. I now need to figure out the horizontal alignment. It's a very small and narrow cloakroom toilet so putting it in the middle won't work as it will be too close to the sink. I don't think this position is too far off. If I can get away with it I'll leave it so I don't need to alter the soil pipe. Guess I'll find out if/when the toilet ever arrives!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hugh Jaleak

Hugh Jaleak

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Try a slower radius bend, 30, 20 and 15° are available, might help you get the height you require.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MadaCup

MadaCup

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ohh that's interesting, I had no idea they existed. I'll look in to that thank you.

7. Hugh Jaleak

Hugh Jaleak

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Should have said, they're only available in the Brown (underground) range, for some reason Soil bends are either 92.5°, 45° or adjustable.

Used internally and not on show, brown will do exactly the same job. (Not to be used externally above ground though as the plastic isn't protected from the UV in sunlight.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sponsored Links