onnecting Grohe wall hung frame to soil pipe/waste alignment issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having difficulties figuring out how I can connect the grohe wall hung frame waste to my existing soil pipe/waste. The grohe frame clamps the waste in place which allows you to alter the angle or have it go straight down. Once the toilet is on the wall the toilet slides on to this waste pipe via an adapter. I have the frame in roughly the correct position at the right height for the wall hung toilet but I cannot find a solution to connect the 2 together.

The 135 degree bend I have is at the wrong angle for the height (the toilet would end up being 50cm+ off the floor), the 90 degree bend is too bulky as is the flexible mechanical bend (https://www.toolstation.com/adjustable-bend-0-900/p57275?searchstr=soil adjustable). I've seen there are adjustable soil pipes but again it's too bulky for the space (https://www.toolstation.com/magicflex-male-to-female-soil-pipe/p60727).

0dXV9KR.jpg

Gpq8psE.jpg

PyZu6NB.jpg

Any thoughts on how I can align the pipes? The 2nd picture shows the grohe waste pipe which clips in to the frame and I'm about 80-100mm out vertically.

Sponsored Links
Would a 135 degree spirit bend into the branch and then the soil connector shown in 2nd photo into that work?

I made some progress but cutting down the grohe pipe to as small as it will go. The vertical height is about 50mm higher than I would have liked but it's the best I can do. I now need to figure out the horizontal alignment. It's a very small and narrow cloakroom toilet so putting it in the middle won't work as it will be too close to the sink. I don't think this position is too far off. If I can get away with it I'll leave it so I don't need to alter the soil pipe. Guess I'll find out if/when the toilet ever arrives!

LKEmLGH.jpg

Sponsored Links
Should have said, they're only available in the Brown (underground) range, for some reason Soil bends are either 92.5°, 45° or adjustable.

Used internally and not on show, brown will do exactly the same job. (Not to be used externally above ground though as the plastic isn't protected from the UV in sunlight.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back