Connecting 110mm soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've removed the old toilet pan and will use a Grohe frame to hang the new one, 1m to the right. This means the soil pipe from the toilet is now about 10cm higher than the pipe to the stack. Both pipes are in a straight line but how to connect them, given that there is a 10cm difference between them?

Pipe is hard against the wall, so I can't use an adjustable bend. I can angle the pipe coming from the Grohe and maybe use a flexible adapter (the type with 2 hose clips) but it just seems a bit clumsy.

Sponsored Links
Of which material is your original soil pipe made of?

The coupling you are talking about should be ok with aid from a good smear of silicone sealant, and making sure the jubilee clips are mega tight.

Original pipe is PVC-U.

The only thing with using the coupling is that because the new pipe is coming in at an angle, the top part would meet, with a gap at the bottom. Obviously, the coupling will seal it but I just think sediment / water / toilet bleach will gather in the gap between pipes.

If only I could gently heat the pipe and put a slight bend in it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back