Grout first and then seal bath-tiles gap with silicon?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I finished tiling my bathroom, finally! Is it better to seal the gap between the bath and tiles with silicon first and then grout? or is it better to do it the other way around? Thanks for your advice

Sponsored Links
Grout first and silicon last with the bath full of water.

Grout first and silicon last with the bath full of water.
Cheers. How do I prevent the grout from getting in the gap between the bath and the tiles as I'm working it in the very bottom of the tiled surface? Do I use masking tape?

grout it down to the bath edge, clean the excess grout off, clean ya tiles with a clean cloth to polish the haze out, fill the bath with water then silicon, leave it full of water overnight if possible, then run water out. bath will lift and give you a watertight seal between the tiles and bath

Sponsored Links
Nice job, but boy do I HATE those tiles - always make a bathroom look like a public convenience!

I have slowly realised that the trick to any sealant application is to use a very thin bead to start with - too thick a bead will mean tons needs to be wiped off again, leading to a messy finish on those very nicely-fitted tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back