grout going discoloured

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The grout in my bathroom has started to go a yellow colour around the bath,used a grout that contained fungicide for mould resistance.What could I use on the grout to stop the discolouration.

Sponsored Links
white grout will discolour, full stop.

those areas subject to high exposure of dirty water, body fluids and the like, will always be vulnerable. on a microscopic scale, a grouted join will look like the grand canyon to bacteria.

you can control, with limited success, the amount of discolouration by using strong cleaners and a scrubbing brush, but this will be a constant battle.

Sponsored Links
Found a couple of good products that looks like they have not long been out over here. Its called Aquamix put it in google, I had the same on a job I did and I didnt want to have to rip all the grout out with my Fein machine so I got a couple of products.

Grout deep clean, Heavy duty tile and grout cleaner and a grout sealer. They also do this thig called grout colourant I was a bit unsure about this product at first as its an epoxy based product and I didnt want the grout joint to look like it had been painted on. Itried it and looks spot on with it been epoxy based you wont get the grout going funny colours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back