Grout help.

• Thread starter harrisonline
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
I ordered the grey colour. I suppose thats the charcoal one. Is it a really dark charcoal?

Sponsored Links
"The bad news", The site I ordered the grout off are out of stock of the charcoal.

"The good news", I just had an e-mail back off BAL and they said this.

We are pleased to confirm that BAL SUPERFLEX WIDEJOINT GROUT can be coloured using a good cement mortar pigment (normally available at builders merchants). The maximum addition is 5% by weight i.e 50grams of pigment to 1000grams of grout powder. You would need to ensure that the pigment was fully dispersed into the grout powder.

"The bad news", The site I ordered the grout off are out of stock of the charcoal.
Bummer.
"The good news", I just had an e-mail back off BAL and they said this.
We are pleased to confirm that BAL SUPERFLEX WIDEJOINT GROUT can be coloured using a good cement mortar pigment (normally available at builders merchants). The maximum addition is 5% by weight i.e 50grams of pigment to 1000grams of grout powder. You would need to ensure that the pigment was fully dispersed into the grout powder.
Yep you can use a colourant, but you need to ensure that it is perfectly mixed in, or else you will get obvious different shades. You would also have no come back to Bal if anything goes wrong. This is why I recommended you get the right product in the first place. Why can't you wait until the right product is in stock? Failing that, send the stuff back for a refund and get a bag from Topps tiles.

I wanted to finish the floor next week as I have a week off work.

I'll have a check if they do refunds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back