Grout on tiles. (which shouldn't be there)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, decided to make one last push to finish the bathroom which has already taken me literally a month of sundays.

I can't bear tiling and so decided to get a "professional" in. The mosaics in the shower he's done ok, but the floor is a different matter. He has managed to leave a thin (in some places, thick in others) layer of grout over a considerable area of the tiles. :evil:

This is not shifting using water, a scourer and a bit of elbow grease, and i am scared of ruining the surface of the tiles (which are polished limestone). Does anyone have any suggestions? Can i use some sort of polishing machine/drill attachment without ruining the tiles?

any advice would be greatly appreciated,

aidan.

Sponsored Links
Easiest tip, get the professional back to sort it out. If you havnt paid him yet, make it quite clear you will hold some money back until its sorted

Did he seal the tiles before grouting? You can get grout removers that are safe for limestone & marble, but always do a test first on a spare tile. As thermo says get the guy back, if he is a pro he should know what to do, don't pay him until its OK.

Best to ask Mudster over on screwfix forum (when its working) as he specializes in fixing & importing limestone.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back