Grout removal tool damages tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had some help on my kitchen and the guy was scraping down the grout line, but i didn't notice he was coming out and scraping onto the limestone tile.

So i have lots of little scratch marks on my tiles now. You need to really look at the tiles to see them, but there are plenty.

I cant replace the floor and i was using this guy as general labour and so i have no comeback on him.

Its a case of just making do.

I need to clean the tiles before grouting and after grouting i will reseal. Do you know if these marks will disappear with new sealer ?

Sponsored Links
Put a little bit of sealer on now on one scratch to find out. Not much point in grouting and sealing if they will just show up.

as said above, try a bit sealer first, should that fail then you do have another option available to you cheaper than replacing a limestone floor, Buy some Honing powder, I use these guys http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/tilingl...97631?LH_Title=0&submit= &_nkw=honing+powder&, hire an industrial buffer, and you should be able to polish the scratches out, then grout and seal. hope this is of some help to you mate, I normally do a lot of terrazzo repair work so I know this method works, and can be done by pretty much anyone, you are not using a diamond floor grinding machine ;)

Sponsored Links
as said above, try a bit sealer first, should that fail then you do have another option available to you cheaper than replacing a limestone floor, Buy some Honing powder, I use these guys http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/tilinglogistics__W0QQ_sidZ48597631?LH_Title=0&submit= &_nkw=honing+powder&, hire an industrial buffer, and you should be able to polish the scratches out, then grout and seal. hope this is of some help to you mate, I normally do a lot of terrazzo repair work so I know this method works, and can be done by pretty much anyone, you are not using a diamond floor grinding machine ;)

Thanks very much. This looks the way to go. I will try a bit of sealer first and see how it looks though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back