Grout

SMG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Hi, no your not going to successfully colour the grout afterwards i'm afraid. its a rake out and regrout job.

If your fed up with staining, cleaning it up and sealing the grout could be an option

Sponsored Links
If it wasn't flexi grout I'd just scrap the top layer off with a Stanley knife then treat with hg mould spray then re grout over the top again with fresh grout you would need to use the same palace white grout to make sure same colour and shade as before maybe try dye the grout with some food colouring after to try take away the whit co for water downed black food colouring see if that works, if not it's a oscillating saw with tile rake blade and then re grouting of them with colour of choice

Thanks M8, I dont want the white grout back, I want Grey.

I'd say best bet then is oscillating saw with grout rake then re grout bit time consuming tho, but easier with the saw than by hand, plus I'd still try food colouring just make sure use gloves and tooth brush and just try a wee patch test first before cracking on

If it's mosaic on the wet floor your best bets the dye but defo patch test it first, white grout never should be used on a floor and if it is best to seal afterwards if u try the dye let me know how u get on with it but think that's your best bet

Thanks, the tile is a rough sand faced tile, & the white grout will be very difficult to remove, I did think I could remove most of it, use the colourant, then re grout with the grey grout

I'd try cleaning it with suger soap and a fine sanding sponge it won't damage the rough porcelain tile then just try dying the exciting grout with the dye first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back