Grp flashing question

Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve done 90% of my roof on my new single story rear extension. And I’m really happy with the result, but could do with some info on a flat section I’m about to start.
There is a small flat section due to a half landing bathroom, as I couldn’t get the pitch required.
It goes from flat section to pitched and I can’t seem to find a flashing for grp to go from flat to pitched.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks,

The flat roof will be grp onto a tiled pitch could I still form a flashing going from grp to tile. If not is there an alternative that you would suggest?
Cheers
The flat roofing material goes beneath the tile and not onto it. There are no flashings as such, rather the weathering is designed into the join between the flatty and the pitched, via lay boards and a tile cocking fillet etc.

Sponsored Links
The flat roofing material goes beneath the tile and not onto it. There are no flashings as such, rather the weathering is designed into the join between the flatty and the pitched, via lay boards and a tile cocking fillet etc.
He might be meaning the flat is above the pitch, mansard style in which case the grp will come over the tiling.

Generally one would have a lead skirt dressed onto the top course of tiles, leaving 100mm of the tile showing.
The flat roof material is then fitted/fixed/stuck to the lead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back