GRP warm roof got wet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently installed a warm GRP flat roof on my extension, the roof is 90m² with a parapet wall all the way around and and a hidden box gutter built in and two 3000mm x 1000mm flat roof. Due to the size of the roof, a few fiddly details and doing it on my own i have had to do the roof in stages.

Last night we had some heavy rain and wind and unfortunatley the temporary coverings that were covering the roof lights blew off and the edge of the top deck got wet and some water may have possibly got in behind the upstand trims, my question is do you think this could cause big problems later down the line and is there anything i can do to try assure that it doesnt? Also on a side note i was only able to get half the topcoat on the roof before the bad weather came, i was planning on just sanding the edge of the top coat i have already applied to blend into it, will this be o.k? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Water behind the trims and onto the deck (assuming its OSB3) won't be a problem if you give it a few days and some warm weather to dry out before covering it all.
The join in the topcoat will always be visible. Sand it a bit if you like, make sure deck is dry and wash join and remaining deck with acetone just before (like 10 minutes before) you topcoat

Hi all,

I have recently installed a warm GRP flat roof on my extension, the roof is 90m² with a parapet wall all the way around and and a hidden box gutter built in and two 3000mm x 1000mm flat roof. Due to the size of the roof, a few fiddly details and doing it on my own i have had to do the roof in stages.

Last night we had some heavy rain and wind and unfortunatley the temporary coverings that were covering the roof lights blew off and the edge of the top deck got wet and some water may have possibly got in behind the upstand trims, my question is do you think this could cause big problems later down the line and is there anything i can do to try assure that it doesnt? Also on a side note i was only able to get half the topcoat on the roof before the bad weather came, i was planning on just sanding the edge of the top coat i have already applied to blend into it, will this be o.k? Many thanks

If you need any help we are based in Cornwall and could jump in if needs be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back