Grundfos 15/60 and Myson Unit 5 same?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is Grundfos 15/60 and Myson Unit compatible with each other?

Can i replace Unit 5 to Grundfos 15/60?

Sponsored Links
Yes but be aware, modern pumps are designed for modern systems so no pumps are best suited to your gravity HW system so make sure you give it a fews minutes run EVERY week during the summer months otherwise you will find it wont work when the weather changes and you need your central heating.You might consider converting your system to fully pumped which would give you so many benefits most of all around a 30%+ running cost saving using your existing boiler and rads etc and even more if you update the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, what you mean by fully pump? How easy or complicated to convert it?
Fully pumped systems have been the norm for the past 35 years or more as boilers became smaller and heat exchangers made from lighter more efficent materials it became impossible for a boiler to be fitted to anything but a fully pumped system. How it works: Your primary flow is pumped and using a 3 port or zone valves the water is diverted to either the rads or cylinder or both, the rads being controlled by your room thermostat and your HW is controlled by a cylinder thermostat via the diverter valve, your boiler will only fire up if one of those thermostats is calling for heat and then only to whichever one it is, because your also able to run the boiler at a higher temperature and that water is being pumped through the cylinder coil the time taken to heat your cylinder of is much reduced and radiator temperature being hotter warm the rooms quicker. Add to this you can have independent time control for CH & HW along with that massive saving on running costs, hope this helps but theres plenty more information on the net.

Last edited:
Be careful though, swapping an existing system to fully pumped can cause issues with pumping over. It is doable but requires careful planning of pipework and connections, or you'll end up with more problems than you've solved.

Pumping over can result in hot water coming out the overflow, and draws air into the system causing noise and corrosion damage.

Be careful though, swapping an existing system to fully pumped can cause issues with pumping over. It is doable but requires careful planning of pipework and connections, or you'll end up with more problems than you've solved.

Pumping over can result in hot water coming out the overflow, and draws air into the system causing noise and corrosion damage.
Good point but as long as the open vent and cold feed are correctly positioned in the flow before the pump there shouldn't be any problems.

Agreed, but I wouldn't suggest this is a DIY job for the uninitiated. (Still trying to explain gravity HW and pumped CH on the other thread.)

Agreed, however not easy to get an enginner here. 4 didn't reply 1 turn down and 1 didn't turn out.

Sorry to hear that, but I dont want you attempting a job that may be out of your comfort zone and cause yourself more headaches than you've already got!

Agreed, but I wouldn't suggest this is a DIY job for the uninitiated. (Still trying to explain gravity HW and pumped CH on the other thread.)
I know what you mean, difficult enough teaching some people who earn their living in the trade, I go back to the day boilers had no electrics, gravity HW & CH and a wind up 7 day clock connected to weep pipes if you were lucky lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back