Central heating pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

What's the most compatible replacement for the that pump?
20170718_165334.jpg

Grundfos 15-50 or 60 will be ok?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It all depends on the application and the kind of boiler.

Tell us the boiler make and model and the number of rads and we can advise.

A 15-50 will probably suffice.

But energy regs say you should be using a smart pump as a replacement.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
My heating system is so old (still with hot water tank) :) need to be changed soon but at the moment it is Mexico slimline rs445 or cf440 (I'm not sure which one but maybe these are similar) with 5 radiators.

My heating system is so old (still with hot water tank) :) need to be changed soon but at the moment it is Mexico slimline rs445 or cf440 (I'm not sure which one but maybe these are similar) with 5 radiators.
Hold on to your old boiler as long as you can matey. It may be OK for 30 years.
The circulation pump I posted up will do you just fine.
All the best Dickie.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Don't install Katsu! :eek::eek: Their tools are bad enough copies. Technically not for the UK market and Katsu are unable to provide a certificate of conformity.

If you actually are a pro, please tell me you aren't installing these?
About 26 so far, we flash test them & not one has failed during field trials.

There's big moves in the trade to ban ERP circulation pumps, when we tell the chinless wonders in Brussels where to stick their Directives.

And you can stick your clipboard where the Sun don't shine!!

About 26 so far, we flash test them & not one has failed during field trials.

There's big moves in the trade to ban ERP circulation pumps, when we tell the chinless wonders in Brussels where to stick their Directives.

And you can stick your clipboard where the Sun don't shine!!

Just stating facts, no clipboard. You're the one liable if you fit imports without proper certification. The Katsu tools which are copies of Makita tools omit some of the suppression components so no way they can pass our EMC regs.

I agree with you that ERP circulation pumps are essentially a waste of time, almost certainly they fail sooner too. A CH pump is basically the worst place for some electronics so a plain induction motor based pump is always going to outlast them negating any energy savings.

Well the OP should just fit the Grundfos either way. Should be able to obtain for £60 to £80.

I only said that you "should" fit an energy saving pump. All the boiler manufacturers are using them now.

I have never seen one of those Chinese pumps and would certainly not want to use one unless it was the last pump in the world. I like to use good quality products for my customers.

Not sure what Puller sees as the advantage of using them. Unless its for social housing and just to use the worst and cheapest. Look where that got Kensington and Chelsea Council!

I only said that you "should" fit an energy saving pump. All the boiler manufacturers are using them now.

I have never seen one of those Chinese pumps and would certainly not want to use one unless it was the last pump in the world. I like to use good quality products for my customers.

Not sure what Puller sees as the advantage of using them. Unless its for social housing and just to use the worst and cheapest. Look where that got Kensington and Chelsea Council!
Are you seriously comparing me to that??!!! Of course I'll report this as a disgraceful insult & abuse Tony. It's ridicules, the worst a faulty circulation pump can do is trip a breaker or leak, hardly a comparison FFS!!

Exactly, it's of no benefit to him as an installer other than replacing it in three years. False economy when the Grundfos typically lasts 15-20 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back