central heating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to replace my heating pump. all i know is the old pump is a grundfos. (about 25years old)
could someone tell me the difference between the grundfos 15/50 and the 15/60 pumps, also are the grundfos alpha range worth the extra cost, thanks

Sponsored Links
15/60 has a greater head than the 15/50 by about 20%.

If you live in a semi or smaller flat then the 15/50 is likely to be adequate.

If you have a BMW car and TRVs on most rads and these are not all on "max" then the Alpha is worth having as long as you set it to the auto position.

Tony

chrishutt said:
Agile said:
If you have a BMW car
Why? Is the Alpha pump some sort of virility symbol?
:LOL: I`ve got about a dozen rads.@ the last count and 3 towel rails so I fitted an Alpha, and an open fire in case all else fails ;) No BMW tho`.

Sponsored Links
A BMW is a car!

An Alpha is a pump!

The person who wants the best car will buy a BMW and if he wants the best pump as well then he has the Alpha.

The rest of us drive a Ford and have a 15/50.

thanks tony,
the old pump I'm taking off is a TWO-SPEED GRUNDFOS SUPER 4, and I think the type is [4-50/130], Hz is[50] and W is [105], which don't mean a lot to me. would you recomend the 15/60 over the 15/50.
[/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back