Grundfos hot water pump leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a bit of an issue with my heating system and I'd be grateful if someone could help out...

Basically I have a Grundfos MK11 pump which leads into a Tower 2 port zone value. The issue that I have is that there seems to be a bit of a leak coming out of a small gold screw type thing on the part which connects to the pipe running down to the zone valve. In order to stop the leak I tightened this screw up with an allen key and the water stopped coming out. This however has seemed to cause a problem with the heating in that the radiators don't heat up. If I loosen this screw up again water starts coming out.

Does anyone have any ideas about what's wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

Sponsored Links
I think that you are describing an isolating valve and that you are turning it off!

Any type other than a gate valve type should be changed as they are totally unsatisfactory.

There should be one on either side of the pump and both to be changed. It may be difficult to get the valves off the pump. A professional can usually but it can still be difficult and involve heat or cutting or both.

Tony

Thanks

So do I need to replace the pump? Or is there a way to fix it?

Why does water start coming out when I unscrew the valve bit?

If your pump works then you need not change it.

Look up FAQ on drain downs, removing a pump, and re-filling your system.

Dave

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back