Grundfos pump still not working

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Post a photo showing exactly what part was replaced, I assumed the terminal box you were referring to was the black part of the pump where the wires connect?

20181118_123938.jpg

Heating is currently on, thermostats calling for heat, actuators lit up bit nothing on pump

The UPS2 has a circuit board in it with the speed control electronics in the black part, these are delicate and fail frequently. If the motor in the silver bit is faulty it will kill any replacement circuit modules. The circuit modules often fail as a short across live and neutral, that often destroys any boiler PCB they are directly connected to, terrible things. If there is 240V power at the pump end of the cable, the pump has to be faulty.

Pick yourself up a pump head for an old Worcester 350 or something and change the heads

Ive just picked up a new replacement pump with the black terminal box and still no joy which is why i started thinking am i missing something? Just rechecked and there is 233V at the terminal box on the side of the pump so then does this mean the new pump is no good

No but ive plugged the new silver part of the pump onto the new terminal box withoit it being plumbed in and it still doesnt light up or spin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back