24 Dec - update - Grundfos pump still runs constantly

Wouldnt have had a pump live at boiler as previous boiler was a promax.

Im not mad about the idea but vaillant say its ok on the new 400s.
Thank you Dan - you are correct. That’s as per the Vaillant engineer who came out and per the Vaillant installation booklet.

Sponsored Links
Its getting a feed from somewhere lol...aint running on fairy dust!

Sponsored Links
A merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all who have contributed to this thread. I look forward to picking it up next year and to the final outcome, its worse than bloody Brexit LOL

A merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all who have contributed to this thread. I look forward to picking it up next year and to the final outcome, its worse than bloody Brexit LOL
Yes, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody. Like I’ve just put on my twitter feed: whilst everybody will be listening out for the jingles of Santa’s sleigh, I’ll be listening out for our Grundfos pump deciding to run constantly again

Hi. Thank you for your message, the brown wire that you have kindly indicated with the arrow goes up to terminal where the yellow/green wire is - I think it’s visible on the first picture. Thanks again .
The two grey wires should be the permanent lives to the micro switches on the two zone valves, there should only be one wire supplying them you have more than one, that is the first place I would look to see where they are going

'Twas the night before Christmas..when all through the house was....... the constant whine of the darn Grundfos pump in the airing cupboard again :D

Update 24 December 2018 - The BritGas Area Manager is now in full charge of this issue and I have full faith in him. Like i said earlier in my response to a previous post, this is NOT a BritGas bashing thread, but merely an ongoing issue where the obvious symptoms all keep pointing back towards the actuators. We have had boiler/heating cover with BritGas since 1992 and this is the first time ever that the issue has not been solved within the first/second visit by BritGas. Everyday is a school day and i am completely stumped now.

Watch this space dear friends and I will come back with what we are all waiting for - the answer - the root cause of the issue. Merry Christmas everybody. Peace and goodwill to all - especially to everyone who has contributed to this thread :)

Night before Xmas.

More like Groundhog Day.

Nothing new to actually update then apart from continuing the pantomime or did I imagine reading all this new info already?

Ho ho ho

Bg of 1992 was a completely different proposition to the remains of it left today!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back