Pump constantly running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

This is my first post on here and any help that I can get would be most appreciated. I am going to call my plumber on Monday - but would like help understanding something that is happening to my heating system.

We had a powercut today and this made me notice that the boiler was on constantly ( this could have been for a while!)

This led me to notice that our Grundfos UPS3 Pump is constantly on and does not turn off. We have 3 actuators (UFH, DHW and rads upstairs). We have a secondary return pump on a timer that seems to be working well.

None of these are on and the actuators seem to be doing their job.

The boiler is also firing up bit turning off straight after, even when there is no demand.

All pipes are hot for each of the actuators. I am by no means a plumber, and would like to understand what is going on here.

Could it be the boiler PCB or the pump?

Any help ot advice would be greatly appreciated and sorry if I have gone around the houses or misunderstood something.

I have a trustworthy plumber who I’ll call on Monday, but this one is baffling me somewhat!

Sponsored Links
All of the valves are in the off position and seem to be working. However, could one of the electric switches be telling it to heat even though it isn’t actually doing so?

Sponsored Links
Thank you. I shall get my plumber onto it on Monday - depending on his availability.

This new heating system in our house is so complicated compared to what we had.

My plumber will be able to find the problem - surely?

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 28
Thank you so much . I am grateful for your help.

This is a new install? They may have left an electrical link in the boiler that should have been removed when the system controls were connected.
Had this loads of times on new builds too where the electricians don't have a clue with boilers!

This is is a new house that we have purchased (about 5 years old) it used to go off and all of a sudden has started to behave like this.

Where abouts are you based - I am looking for somebody to come and have a look who has a clue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back