24 Dec - update - Grundfos pump still runs constantly

Sponsored Links
that cable looks like its been crushed, just after the condense pipe, in pic, I wonder if that's four core, and the perm live is shorting on the switch live, cable looks old, is it the original from old boiler.
four core flex and perm live is shorting on the switched live ???? this post gets more worrying every time I read it, personally I have never seen 4 core flex in a boiler installation , a professional will use 5 core

four core flex and perm live is shorting on the switched live ???? this post gets more worrying every time I read it,
I don't come here to critizise, but help the op, whatever core it is, are you like many that like to jump on any thing you can to start a fight.

not at all, and I am really sorry if you feel like that, if you read my posts I always do my best to help everyone out, best way to wire an S plan is to use 5 core, LNE then the other two wires switch the boiler cant see how you could do it with 4 core

Sponsored Links
not at all, and I am really sorry if you feel like that, if you read my posts I always do my best to help everyone out, best way to wire an S plan is to use 5 core, LNE then the other two wires switch the boiler cant see how you could do it with 4 core
5 core for s plan fair enough, I was thinking combi. my point is it could be shorting.

LNE with the 4th core supplying 240v switched live to the Vaillant RT plug.
We use 7 core on some of the Vaillants.
LNE.
2 cores for 24 volt RT.
1 core for external alarm.
1 core supplying contactor relay for external pump.

Nothing more than a British Gas bashing thread.
Excuse me, it’s not ‘British Gas bashing thread’ at all. We’ve had BritGas homecare boiler/cover since 1992 and this is the first time that it has become an ongoing problem that they haven’t been able to solve. The Area Manager is involved now too and assured me that he will get to the bottom of it. It almost comes across that you think I am making this up. Believe you me I have better things to do than to take 6 days of annual leave from work waiting for BritGas engineers to come out. And spending hours trawling through google forums trying to learn about s plans.

I detect a reluctance from the OP to post a photo of the wiring centre terminals, this was asked previously but maybe the OP missed it?
You would of thought the OP would jump at the chance and post the photo in order to resolve “her” issue.
Thank you for your input Grunpy Gasman. Detect reluctance to post pics.

45A3E42B-B179-4716-9E12-E9FB084D9141.jpeg
BCE157D0-4031-43E6-95E1-AC07D97A1AAC.jpeg
F4ECCB7C-6CBE-4543-8E8E-CED08BA29794.jpeg
3E1D3BF8-4A1C-4130-918A-32DF34981A9D.jpeg
Good morning all
I’ve taken pics of spaghetti junction:

Too many connections on the Switched Live to the boiler

0z4.jpg

Either the Brown or the Black goes to the Switched Live on the boiler. But where does the other one go to ?

Blimey, 12 pages and 179 posts so far. This thread is giving those Brexit threads a run for their money!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back