Grundfos Pumps - Poor Quality?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me being unlucky or are Grundfos pumps very unreliable?

I've had two only just last a year and a third now playing up, also just over a year old.

Is there something better I could use?

Sponsored Links
Sure it’s not an issue causing it.
No, I guess not but I'm struggling to imagine what sort of issue takes almost exactly a year to damage a pump.
We've had two in 40 years, first was only changed as a precaution, it was perfectly serviceable.
Exactly. I had one on the boiler for at least 12 years (the old orange ones) but have since had 2 (shortly to be 3 I'm guessing) in just over 3 years. Hence I wonder if quality has dropped.

Sponsored Links
Is it just me being unlucky or are Grundfos pumps very unreliable?

I've had two only just last a year and a third now playing up, also just over a year old.

Is there something better I could use?
What model(s) are you using?.

They seem to be the ones that give most trouble, DAB Evosta seem to be quite reliable, I have a 5 year old 6M Wilo Yonos Pico, lovely pump as you can incrementally change the CP & PP settings in 0.1m steps and don't cost a fortune.

Interesting.

I note that on the Screwfix website the Grundfos has a 1 year warranty, but on other sites (such as Toolstation) it says 5 years...anyone know which is right?

Screwfix offer the Wilo with a 2 year guarantee but Toolstation offer the same pump (and far cheaper) with a "Five-year manufacturer’s guarantee (T&Cs apply)" but (per Google) ..... "Guarantees are usually free and offered by the manufacturer. Warranties usually cost money and may be offered by the shop where you are buying the product."

Exactly. I had one on the boiler for at least 12 years (the old orange ones) but have since had 2 (shortly to be 3 I'm guessing) in just over 3 years. Hence I wonder if quality has drdropped.
When you say Orange do you mean Red or Orange ?

If your pump is for Central heating it should not be Orange but can be Red.
If its for a secondary return it can be Orange but not Red.

When you say Orange do you mean Red or Orange ?

If your pump is for Central heating it should not be Orange but can be Red.
If its for a secondary return it can be Orange but not Red.
Orange are "fake" Grundfos's?
Here is a real pump, still perfect, built in week 14 2004 (PC:0414) and installed incorrectly, vertically, not sure about the cobweb.

1705563449008.jpeg

Sorry guys, my memory is not good enough to recall the exact hue of the pump I removed 3 years ago :giggle:

Don't think it matters too much now though, does it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back