Grundfos UPM3 FLEX AS 25-75 130 AZA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if someone could explain the "performance" settings of this pump please. It was installed 4yrs ago but I've not been convinced it was set up properly.

It has a green light and two yellow ones, which I think means "low medium performance."

This is for an underfloor heating system with two loops.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The green led doesn't flash. Also there's only one of them, not two as in the manual you referred to.

Attachments

• PXL_20221208_110435528.jpg
    PXL_20221208_110435528.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 119
The green led doesn't flash. Also there's only one of them, not two as in the manual you referred to.

Yours looks like an older version. To find out what the settings are, it looks like you push the button on the front. Can you note which ones are lit + colours. Just press it once, quickly, don't hold.

1670520819284.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The LEDs are lit all the time, see photo. Leftmost is green and then the two adjacent ones are yellow. This corresponds with "Constant Curve" in the table you show. I've seen another table where this means "low-medium performance."

I was hoping someone here would understand what the different settings mean and how they should be set.

Have you pressed the button? It should change what you see. Take a note of lights and colours after pressing the button. Just press the button once quickly.

You are in Performance View. Pushing the button should take you to Settings View.

When I push the button I get:
Red, yellow, off, yellow, yellow.

I've found a section in the manual and quick guides that might be relevant. The curves in the settings in the Quick Guide don't correspond with the recommended setting (Auto) in the main manual. So I'm wondering if it's the wrong spec pump for underfloor heating?

Grundfosliterature-6154147 p26-7.png

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 13-06-51 Grundfosliterature-6821080.pdf.png

Red, yellow, off, yellow, yellow.

That combination of lights means the pump has been set to run as a 6m head pump, and that it is being externally controlled.

This pump can be set at 4m, 5m, 6m or 7.5m. So yours is set at level 3 out of 4. And then, in addition, the pump is being further controlled by an external device. That's what the two yellow lights on your original photo show. They mean it is running at between 25% and 50% of the maximum it power it can give on the 6m setting. That output is being set by an external device. I don't know what that device would be.

I've found a section in the manual and quick guides that might be relevant. The curves in the settings in the Quick Guide don't correspond with the recommended setting (Auto) in the main manual. So I'm wondering if it's the wrong spec pump for underfloor heating?

What you are looking at is a Constant Pressure (CP) mode. CP is often recommended for UFH. Your pump doesn't have that option.

Are you unhappy with how it's working?

That output is being set by an external device. I don't know what that device would be.
What you are looking at is a Constant Pressure (CP) mode. CP is often recommended for UFH. Your pump doesn't have that option.

Are you unhappy with how it's working?
The only control is a Hive receiver and AFAIK that is simply on/off. It seems to take a long time to respond, although I know these systems can take a while, but the temperature seems to vary quite a lot across the floor too.

There is a white box over to the right, but I think that is just an electrical junction box:

PXL_20221208_110312419.jpg

The only control is a Hive receiver and AFAIK that is simply on/off

It doesn't really make sense, anyway, because I can see the connection on the pump, where I thought an external controller would attach, is empty. But the lights show it is being controlled externally.

Often a pump like this would be found inside a combi boiler, and would be controlled by the fan speed.

Is that what this is for?

connector.jpg

What would you connect to provide control in this setup?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back